FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to let go

Peachy06
Community Member

Hi

I have just ended a two and a half year relationship. He wanted me to change into his idea of perfect and everything I did was wrong. It appears before I actually ended things he had already checked out anyway and two weeks after we ended he already had a new girlfriend. This is not the first time it's happened to me. I feel disrespected in a way but I guess he couldn't help but move on since he had already checked out. It really hurts and I don't know how to let go and move on myself now.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Peachy, welcome

Please don't feel you are alone in picking the wrong partner. I'm on my 4th and finally got a goodie.

Its heartbreaking and if your grief us extreme visit your GP ok?.

Google

Topic: the best praise you'll ever get- beyondblue

Tony WK

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hi Peachy, you can't run your life as your partner wants you to, you have your own personality and only you can change whatever you want to, however there maybe times when we all need a helping hand to get us out of a difficult situation.
You have been hurt and that annoys you, but with this chap he will a life of disappointing many ladies and will come out second best.
You are wanting someone to be faithful, loving, caring who both enjoy each others company and have a sense of humour that joins with you.
People like this aren't worth worrying about, it's his life which will be a strange mystery. Geoff.

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Peachy, it always hurts when someone moves on quickly after a relationship. However, it sounds like it wasn't the healthiest relationship, as it's not really fair to want to change someone and suggest that everything they do is wrong. I think moving on from the end of a relationship is very disrespectful, but it's him who should be embarrassed for his behaviour - not you. I think someone doing that says more about them than it does about the kind of person you are. It may take a while to move on from this so take your time with healing and be kind to yourself.

Peachy06
Community Member
Thank you!

Thank you so much! I needed to hear that

Thank you