FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to find a Christmas spirit in the midst of lonelyness

Kidle
Community Member
Hi, thanking the few people that have helped me so far. As each day gets closer to Christmas , it just gets harder to find sercurity in finding friends that are really there for you. Feel insercure , not needed and adrift from the few people that care to communicate with me. As much as I want to enjoy Christmas , all I want this year is for a few friends just to tell me they care, am I asking to much, putting to much pressure on myself?, how can I get out of this cycle of just wanting to be cared or loved, I do all the emotional work, and run out of energy as I just get back to a point of , well maybe it’s just me doing this life... would love to send a few cards or just give a present or two, but the doors to friendship are so hard to find.. any thoughts are welcome ...
3 Replies 3

Jlo62
Community Member
I wish I had some words that would help but I'm going through same thing. I went grocery shopping yesterday and all the Christmas things on display set off a emotional roller coaster within. I had thought this Christmas would see my husband and I reconciled and happy again but that is not to be. I don't want to celebrate Christmas. There is nothing to celebrate.

Kidle
Community Member
Ohh I so feel for you. As much as it’s a lonely time etc, please try and find one positive towards Christmas Day. I to will prob be alone, but trying sooo hard to get some energy towards Christmas, I went to the beach, found four shells and polished them up, I am going to send them to the four people I just know, hoping on Christmas Day they might send back a selfie with them holding the shell, I really don’t expect much of a reply, but it’s all I have, one little thing to look forward to, maybe you could just find that inner Christmas spirit and reach out to someone, every one deserved one moment of happiness on the day, even me xx

Ulysses
Community Member
I too am finding it hard. All the brochures they send out from the shops with the kids looking happy and excited. Facing the shops with all the tinsel and things I can’t afford to spend money on anyway. I’m determined to go to the cheap shop and maybe decorate a pineapple which is the latest thing. I think it might be the latest thing because others are feeling the same way as is. Google Christmas pineapple and have a laugh like I did.