FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to deal with the loneliness?

askignquestions
Community Member
How do you deal with the loneliness? I'm away from home- like countries away. And it all hit me today that my partner hasn't responded to an email in a month, and my friends reply once a month or two, no matter if I email once a month or once a week. And I have no friends here at work. I was almost crying at my desk at work today, my office mate looked at me, asked a work question and turned back around. I have no friends. I have no support other than a doctor. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. And its the weekend, and I hate weekends. My flatmates get together and don't invite me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't know whats wrong with me. But I can't handle it anymore. I don't know what to do.
1 Reply 1

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi I don't have any immediate help but what sort of things do you like doing. If its musically in evolved try to find a venue that plays the type of music you like. Then invite a few work colleges or your flat mates. If it's sport find a game you like to either watch or play. And go along and watch or join in. Me I needed a social outlet so at the age of 62 have taken up playing the ukulele. There are ukulele groups out there wanting new members learning from the start. You could be playing within a week every week two to three songs. There are walking groups out there looking for members. They do day walks around most towns or cities. Or weekend walks, base camp walks. Some even have some of the equipment within the club they hire out to new members. The walks varies short easy ones long easy, long medium walks long hard walks. The only real difference is how fast you walk. Hard walks usually mean you are walking fast the hole way. with few breaks. easy means you have time to stop and smell the roses, or take photos of rare plants up close. There are a few ideas.

Kanga