FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How to deal with insolent and aggressive 10 years old son

GiangT
Community Member

Dear Team,  

I am feeling depressed about my son as his attitude, words and behaviours are insolent, aggressive and rude towards me. He is 10 years old now and he wants to walk to school that's far from home about 1.2 km by his own and I'm worried about it. He sometimes behaves well but most of the times he has been disobedient and never wants to listen to parents. He usually considers he's correct and others are wrong so he denies to listen. I don't know how to cope with this issue. Please show me the way. Thank you so much. 

1 Reply 1

Fern42
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi GiangT,

It sounds like this situation is very challenging. I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult situation with your son. I can sense his attitude and challenging behaviour would be difficult to navigate. Is there anyone else that he chooses to listen to whether that be family or friends? I wonder if it could be worth sorting some advice from a psychologist through a gp or a social worker. Sometimes it can be helpful to have some external party to give some advice on how to help him listen and manage his challenging behaviours.