FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do you stop blaming yourself for a relationship breakdown?

Duoty
Community Member

Im going through a relationship breakdown of 3.5years. Of someone I had planned on proposing to.

I know im not perfect and spent the last 2 years making such progress to be a better person for myself and my partner, im the best version of myself than i have ever been. But how can I stop blaming myself and stop thinking the relationship breakdown was my fault....

My head knows it cant just be me. But i cant avoid constantly thinking its all my fault.....

1 Reply 1

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Duoty, it sounds like you're really going through a hard time. I'm sorry to hear it. In regards to your relationship, do you feel like you've exhausted all options in trying to mend the relationship? Have you tried couples counselling, really talking and communicating, trying new things? Relationships fall apart for a lot of different reasons. Maybe you can see it from the point of view that it's not necessarily anyone's fault, that maybe it's just because people change and grow apart. Maybe you'll eventually see that the break up was for the best. Don't be afraid to seek out professional help, sometimes it's nice to have an objective point of view to help you out.