FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do I overcome this?

Pureison
Community Member

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my story, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the thing I'd like to talk about is how lonely I'm feeling. I don't have a lot of friends to hang out with, and the friends I have now all busy with work and studies, (one friend even have kids and another friend I don't want to seem annoying and rely on them all the time) I'm in my late 20s and whenever I see someone get married or is having a baby I feel really sad and lonely. I'm not dating nor have I ever been on a date or had a boyfriend. I am too anxious to go out there and meet someone but I want to be able to have a baby before I'm too old to have one. I'm also scared that since I haven't had much dating experience the first guy I'll date will judge me and will use it as a turn off and be with someone else. I'm also scared because I am worried I'm not right for anyone and that I won't be good enough for them. I'm trying to look for a job that will help me gain more friends but so far no luck in that department either and I've been trying since last year... I've tried tinder and online dating but I get scared whenever they do message about a date...

Whenever I see people post on social media, I get sad and lonely as well because everyone looks like they are having a great time with friends and sharing beautiful memories with people they love and I just don't know what to do anymore or how to stop this loneliness feeling because even at family gatherings I feel lonely because I'm the youngest there. I often thought about drinking or getting drunk just to stop this feeling for a while and have a bit of fun but I don't drink too often only with the friends that I have...

1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Pureison

Thanks for your post. Many reading your words will identify and relate to your predicament of feeling lonely.

When everyone in social media seems to be part of couple and looks happy it can be a trap to compare. Lots of people post only happy things so you don’t know they may be arguing with their partner or depressed after having a baby.
is there a group that interests you, that you can join like walking, sport ,hobby, art, music .

You are not alone. Be yourself and see how special you are.