FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi am a new member.

Nm123
Community Member
I am feeling very depressed and sad not feel like interested in anything coz of my verbally abusive husband. I feel cheated coz of his lies.
3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hi Nm123,

Welcome and thank you so much for reaching out tonight. We understand how difficult this can be, so thank you for your bravery. We're sorry to hear about what you're going through at the moment with your husband. We hope that you find our community to be welcoming and supportive.

Please know that help is always available to you - you don't have to go through this alone. We have sent you a private message with some additional support. Please feel free to reach out here on your thread again and tell the community more about how you are feeling at the moment.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Nm123

My heart goes out to you!

Wondering if you're feeling cheated in regard to the time and care you've put into the marriage and you're down, now that you feel it's been somewhat one sided. If this is the case, it can be an incredibly challenging realisation to be facing.

Also wondering if something has finally clicked in you when it comes to the idea that he's not recognised the truth in regard to how amazing you are. I feel like you're someone who's looking for the truth, someone who leans toward greater consciousness and growth, beyond the verbal abuse, beyond what your husband offers you. I believe, from what you've written, that you hope to find more beyond what it is you currently face. The question becomes about where to start looking. You know not to look to him, someone you see as degrading, seeing you want to graduate up out of the depression you now find yourself in. By the way, it's a self-esteem booster when you become a human life detector. For example: If someone says to you 'You're hopeless!' and you feel suddenly overwhelmed with sadness, that sadness or terrible feeling within is an alarm bell going off. It's a lie. If someone says 'You lift my spirits!' and this leads you to feel joy, especially when you can see the truth of this statement expressed on their face, you will automatically feel this as the truth. Takes a bit of practice to be able to get a feel for lies and truths.

You've come to a truly great place here, where the folk on the forums are about supporting each other, lifting each other up, helping each other graduate through greater awareness and through the recognition of the battles being fought within some monumental challenges.

A warm welcome to you!

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

NM!23

Welcome to the forum and thanks for making your post.

I am glad you can tell us about your life. I am sorry your husband has not treated you well.

you do not deserve to be abused verballed or lied to.

Rising and Sophie have given you helpful suggestions.

I just want to tell you, that you are anot alone and there is support here.