FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Girl kissing my boyfriend?

Lost27
Community Member
My bf went to a family Christmas party (I couldn't make it because was in the USA for school) and he posted a pic of him and this girl who isn't family with her kissing him on the cheek. He doesn't see this was bad. Am I wrong for getting upset and feeling hurt.
2 Replies 2

Rabbit33
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Lost27, Thanks for reaching out.

Sometimes things don't always look as they seem, and we can get caught up in our emotions because we aren't where we want to be and especially over this holiday season. Emotions tend to go wild and it can be a very stressful time. I think that this scenario could be an innocent one, being christmas, a party as you call it. It depends on the context of the kiss but i totally understand where you are coming from. I think you may need to try communicate with your bf again tomorrow once you've let it settle a little bit. I don't think it's appropriate for someone to flaunt on facebook something like that given that you are overseas and you guys are in a relationship. But try not to get worked up over it until you guys have been able to chat and express how you feel. Running wild with our own thoughts and letting our emotions get the best of us, doesn't help any situation.

I hope this helps and i really hope you guys are able to work things out and enjoy christmas day!

All the best 🙂

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Lost27,

I too welcome you to the community here. It is hard to know why your boyfriend posted the picture in the first place if he had any inkling it might upset you.

As he did post it, I to me it seems like it was all very innocent. Maybe the girl was just being extra friendly. She might have kissed everyone on the cheek that day.

Like Rabbit wrote, hopefully you can chat with your boyfriend and find out the story behind the photo. It is so easy to jump to conclusions. It might have been done in a moment of fun.

Communicating about issue and concerns certainly helps to sort things out.

Wishing you all the best, cheers from Dools