FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Forgotten Feelings

JH27
Community Member
My girlfriend suffers from a mental condition called dissociation which creates alters in the brain to safeguard traumatic memories, and after her recent counseling session, her feelings of love towards me seem to have been forgotten. This has caused me immense pain in my heart and I don't know what to do. Will my girlfriend regain her feelings, or is there something I have to do? Can anyone help me? I'm in so much pain, but I love her so much
1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear JH27...

A very warm and caring welcome to the forums..

Im sorry your girlfriend has dissociation...It’s something I can relate to....Dissociation is a way that our brain does to protect us from trauma...

You say after your girlfriends psych appointment that you feel she is dissociating with you...This could be her way of trying to cope after a possibly hard session with her psych...

Letting her know your feeling towards her and that you are there for her if she needs to talk...Will mean so much to her while she’s going through this hard time...

Kind thoughts dear JH27..

Talk anytime you feel up to it...

Grandy.l