FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Finding the Motivation

DosShoeman
Community Member

Im interested to know from the everyone what has caused you to lack motivation in searching for a partner, and what has helped gain that motivation back?

Personally, many of my previous relationships have been mentally taxing causing me to stop taking care of myself for a period of time. With every recovery I step further away from being interested in pursuing a new partner. I feel cemented on the idea of not actively searching for a partner right now, and I'd like to change that but need some encouragement.

So what has helped you change ambitions and get you out searching again?

1 Reply 1

Banksy92
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi DosShoeman,

May I ask, do you feel you are in a good place to start a relationship right now? Sometimes it can be really good to take a break, work on ourselves and our wellbeing after a relationship that wasn't healthy and ensure we are strong and know exactly what we need and want before we venture out there again.

If you do feel ready, maybe you could start with an online dating profile? Or head out to somewhere where you might be able to meet some new people (like at a bar or a local event). Try not to focus to much on getting a date, but just making new connections and see where it takes you, I suggest.

Let us know how you get on!