FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling very alone

Rombom
Community Member

Hi all I'm new to page and needing help

Me and my partner just spilt and we have a one year old I have no family and no support I'm lost on what to do. I don't have friends and don't speak to anyone I just thinking I need help right now but don't know where to turn to.

6 Replies 6

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Rombom

Im Paul and there are many gentle people that can be here for you too!

I am really sorry about your split up. The same painful split happened to me in 2015 and I still feel the pain. I understand your grief. Its a bad place to be in.

The forums are a safe and judgemental place for you.

you are not alone here in any way Rombom

I hope you can post back when convenient for you

my kind thoughts

Paul

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Rombom and welcome,

I'm sorry for you situation, I have been in a similar one.

can you contact your Maternal & child health nurse and ask about options for support? Alternatively your local council may be able to help with info. Do you go to to a playgroup or mother's group? It is a good way to meet other mum's and gain support that way.

i hope this helps.

cmf x

Bexta_1980
Community Member

Hi Rombom.

I'm also feeling the same isolation with no family support around. I have a 7yr old daughter and 3yr old son. I try to reach out through my daughter'sschool. Have you used the Meetup app? It's designed to put you in touch with groups of people in similar situations.

(Excuse I for hijacking your post Rombom)

Thankyou Bexta 1980 and Welcome to the forums!

My kindest

Paul

Josieell
Community Member
Feeling alone sucks. I run through the names of people I know, and for each one I think of a reason not to contact or reach out to them... And then I feel more isolated. Contact someone. Message someone. Anyone. Ask a question. Say you need to talk to someone. It is hard, but it is the first step, and it works.

CrossRoads78
Community Member

Hi RomBom....

I am new here too....joined after separating from my husband after being together 22 years. We have 2 children 14 and 11.

I find it hard to even begin a post of my own, but wanted to acknowledge yours given you are braver than I.

I really hope you find some support here that you are seeking.

Remember that everyday you get through gives you strength to tackle the next.

Crossroads