FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling Abandoned

GrapevineGirl
Community Member

So my Boyfriend recently left Australia to go to the USA, mostly because his parents manipulated him into going because they couldn’t get exemption to travel without him. He only told me with five days to go that he would be outside Australia for at least 3 months. It felt very sudden and I feel so abandoned, since we are in the middle of lockdown and I was already finding it hard. Now he is travelling around US and was given many rewards for leaving, but doesn’t seem to consider how it makes me feel.

I am currently unable to bring myself to message him back because I have so much anger and blame him for leaving, but it’s making everything feel worse because I feel even more distant from him due to the emotional blocks I have created, and I don’t know how to come to terms with him leaving and just try to do three months long distance even through I really don’t want to.

I’m just so upset all the time and I don’t know how to fix it 😞

1 Reply 1

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey GrapevineGirl,

I am sorry that you have to go through this. The distance must be hard.

Communication is key! My boyfriend and I were long distance for over a year and YES it was super hard but we got through it. Try and facetime/skype each other and discuss exactly how you feel about him leaving, this will definitely help. There are also online games you both can play such as garticphone, scribblo, etc.

Distracting yourself is also another option that can help you forget about those bad feelings. I know it is lockdown but working out, meditation, calling your close friends and starting a new hobby are many ways.

Hope this helps!