FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Family or not?

Comments101
Community Member
So i moved out of home this year (2017) ,where i moved they rent rooms out, my Aunty said to upgrade to a bigger room... I was hesitant for a while till she said i'll give you extra money if needed, so i decided to upgrade... Anyway a couple months have gone and when i asked for credit for my phone she said that she would not get me any because i owe her to much ($170) and Xmas is coming up i showed her something she could of got me and she said if she got the item i would owe her $200, so i'm paying for my owe gift?! Anyway i was wondering if you think if this is right or not ??

P.S my depression is really acting up because of this.
2 Replies 2

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Can you move back to a smaller room? I know here in Brisbane there is alot of accommodation like that near the Universitys

IT sounds like she has really let you down which is wrong. Maybe have a talk to your parents and explain what has been happening. They may be able to give you advise if she has down this type of thing in the past.

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi, could you talk to your Aunty about budgeting or whether she's comfortable with continuing to help you out with rent? Maybe she can't afford to pay for your room anymore. You could always offer to find another place that is cheaper and see what happens? I don't get any Christmas presents from anyone so I don't really know what to say about the present. Have you taken any steps to help you with your depression?