FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Eating problem

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I have just found out that when my boy was living with me. He would some times starve himself. To a point where he would eat paper to stop the hunger pains. Yet there was always food good food he would ask for in the house. Yet he is still going around today telling people how hungry he had been.

My story for newbys single dad two kids lost mother too them in 2004I l Looked after them till 2015 health had got that bad for me looking after them. not myself. So there is your warning parents Look after yourself first

Kanga

8 Replies 8

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Kanga

Im sad that your son was starving himself when he was living with you. That would have been awful

Can you please help me out with your last paragraph as I dont understand

My apologies for you not getting a response for so many days Peter. If you could elaborate that would be great so we can be of more assistance to you...I know you mentioned a warning to parents and newbies.

my kindest always

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Peter, I'm sorry no one has answered your thread.

You're right, we always say that you have to look after yourself first of all, because if you aren't strong enough then you won't be able to handle difficult situations.

A good point you have made.

Geoff.

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Paul and Geoff thanks for getting back.

There is little we can do now as he is in care with a lovey couple who do feed him well. His problem at the time was I am uncertain. But we could be out some where good food to eat he wouldn't touch I might buy lassania not good enough wouldn't touch it. chicken comma 1/4 chicken and chips wouldn't touch them. get home As we get in the door Oh I am hungry yet it was now bed time ad too give up several people saw it we would go to an all you can eat he must have had hollow legs With what I have learnt I have lost my kids to the system now there is nothing now

peter

Hey Kanga

No worries and thanks for the post back too!

I know you are in a world of hurt Peter. I wish I had hollow legs (seriously) as then I wouldnt gain a kilo by only smelling a pie and sauce.

I know you mentioned that you have lost your kids to the 'system' and I get it after spending seven years in the family court only trying to have contact with my daughter back in the 90's..

Can I ask what you mean by 'there is nothing now' ? Just a polite note if I can Peter.....cut me some slack in the Cafe please brother...I am only doing my best to make it comfortable for new members that dont have the confidence to create their own thread as you and I can do

I do feel for you with not having contact with your kids Peter....thats not a good place to be in

My kind thoughts always

Paul

Thanks Paul but when some up start tells me to go make friends it's not that hard. When your locked up in where I am cannot even get out to a coffee shop or a bowling ally or an RSL club your traped in your room 24 -7 I am the bad guy and not trying. When I have put in over 50 years of service to the community I am the bad guy put my kids before me shoot me now I am that bad.

not angry at blond guy still the anti Santa the Grinch and Scrooge can have Christmas

Hey Kanga

no worries at all. I know that you are in a world of hurt. I know that Dan is new and he doesnt know you...me or anyone here. I just remember how damn scared I was about saying anything anywhere here when I joined in 2016 when my brain was exhausted and I still screwed up...a lot 🙂

Best always Peter

Paul

Hi Kanga, please remember that we do read your comments and I can relate to being stuck in your room 24/7 as I've visited people who were older than me, but wanted so much to be free from where they were, only wished if the time clock could be turned back.

I think most of us feel that way because old age used to be far away, but then one day, bang, it suddenly hits you, you've aged 20 years all at once, have trouble walking and to pick something up from the floor, is OK as long as you're leaning on something to give you that support.

You try and tell younger kids these days and their response is no different to how we used to say, that's something we can never teach the younger ones, 'Oh I'll be alright'.

We can teach them to walk, swim and ride a bike, but this isn't something we can.

Take care.

Geoff.

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

thanks for your words of wisdom. But even when your local church knocks you back from calling their bingo night or trivia night you are not good enough for that. or making beanies and scarfs for the homeless

well I give up

kanga