FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dumped out of no where

Renee777
Community Member
I’m really reallt struggling I can’t eat or sleep or move for the past 5 days. My boyfriend of 2 years who is my absolute best friend and we loved each other so so much, he dumped me on Monday in the heat of the moment when we were having a fight, over the phone. He deleted me off everything and blocked me and told me to leave him alone and not talk to him it’s just not going to work and our time lines don’t match up. I tried messaging and calling so much begging for him to stay wirh me and he just said no I have never seen him like this he’s like a robot he just keeps saying sorry Renee it’s over it hurts soo bad. Then to make matters worse last night I did some digging and found out he kissed a girl when he went out on Friday night and he was really drunk. He’s denying it and getting so angry about it and told me he doesn’t want to talk to me but I have proof of the girl saying she did. Now hes blocked me on everything and is out on a bender and I haven’t seen him for any of this. My heart is literally sinking in to my chest I’m so horrified I can’t believe this is my life it feels like such a bad nightmare I can’t srop crying and it’s been days. I don’t want to be single at all I hate it. Do you think that he dumped me out of guilt? And now just wants to shut me out and run away from his problems? I don’t understand but I put in soo much into the relationship and it feels really unfair the way he has gone about it I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve this. I need to know that he is eventually going to come crawling back or at least apologise for how he has treated me to get me through, even though I know I can never take him back now which breaks my heart I just don’t think I could handle him never caring about losing me and just completely forgetting me and wiping me out of his life.
5 Replies 5

Belle32
Community Member

Hi Renee,

I’m really sorry this has happened. My partner broke up with me on Friday night as well and I’m feeling pretty horrible. It sounds as though you might be better off without him which I know is really tough to hear

Renee777
Community Member
Hi Belle, I’m so sorry you’re going through the same thing. How long were you and your partner together? Is it normally to feel this physically sick from a break up I have not moved in days and it doesn’t feel like it’s getting any easier, my chest is constantly and I have that sick feeling in my stomach and I can’t eat or sleep. I hope it gets better soon.

Belle32
Community Member

Hi Renee,

We we’re together 4 years. I think it’s normal because I feel the same way. I’m struggling to get out if bed today. I think we need to take it one day at a time. What are your plans today? Try to get out of the house if you can.

Renee777
Community Member
Yeh I haven’t been able to leave bed for a week and it sucks because I’m uni holidays and don’t have a job so have all day to my self. I know I should just be angry at him but all I want is him back and to tell me he loves me again. Can’t believe this is my life now I don’t want this.

Belle32
Community Member

Hi Renee,

it will get easier. I know it doesn’t seem that way but I promise it will. I’m in my mid 30s, I’ve been there a few times now and I’ve learned a lot from these experiences.

Everything does happen for a reason even if it doesn’t make sense at the time.

My advice is not to contact him at all. If he comes back on his own it’s meant to be.

also, even if you don’t feel like doing anything, make plans. Even if it’s only a small thing every day, like going out shopping with a friend or to the movies, even on your own.

Take this time to do the things you always wanted to do and be the best person you can be. For me, I’m going to the gym most days after work, saying yes to things I’m invited to, going to the movies on my own.

i watched crazy stupid love on Netflix last night and I enjoyed it. Watch it and tell me what you think.