FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dont know what to do about marriage

lozza1312
Community Member
Hi first time posting here so here goes. Im am having trouble deciding whether to stay married to my husband of 23 years. He loves me very much so this makes it even harder. I think I am suffering depression and have been extremly unhappy for about 2 to 3 years now. I still love him but not in the same way, I also find that I have no desire for sex and his drive is very high and we argue alot about this. I recently had some sort of breakdown when we were talking and was vomiting shaking, couldnt stop crying, couldnt breath , couldnt even talk, it scared the crap out of me. I dont want to make the wrong decision and regret it later, we have had a very stressful 12 months financially and health wise which also makes it worse. I just feel lost and dont know what to do??
2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lozza, welcome

I know what he's feeling with sexual incompatibily. Its a difficult one to tackle alone.

Also you crutially need a diagnosis. Depression can effect yoir sex drive big time. See your GP.

Both of these issues need addressing. 23 years is a long time to throw away. Be sure by seeking the help you both need. Then you've done your best

Tony WK

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

As Tony WK said if I was you I would be having a talk to a GP about your depression and low sex drive. They may have some really good advice on those issues. Because 23 years is a large investment of time and effort. To wind up alone now I know I lost my partner to cancer, which rely didn't help my depression you at least have some one still to talk to.

Kanga