FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don't know what to do with my life anymore

Matt1991
Community Member

I hate to say this clearly because it affecting me really badly. I doubt anyone who have understanding perspective for a guy with Autism and hearing loss experiencing desolation, rejection and discrimination everyday in friendships and relationships environment. I am 27 years old virgin and I feel getting lost as I age more. All of my friends including wider networks have done their deeds as well many other sexual and relationship experiences. It makes me feel lost and disconnected as I struggle to get one women attention towards me.

I am fairly active human being in community environment, business networks, sporting and fitness areas. I attend fitness bootcamp three times a week, running club Saturdays, attend several different Meetup.com events, running my own Landcare group, and even starting up a social enterprise business! I am very well academic person done Masters and research international trips. I have lot of achievements in my life such as scholarships, awards, keynote speakings and conference presentations. I have medals and trophies from sporting and community achievements.

While this sounds like I don't focus on sex and love life since doing all the personal achievements and career. To be honest it bloody hard to be male autistic with hearing loss living in this normalised society. It so frustrating for me trying my best to connect and communicate with women but life after university it get harder and harder. Less friends come around and less available women. Despite being around with plenty of females in my community engagement, sports, attending events and everything. It have been for VERY LONG time. I don't go desperately ask someone out on date like out of a blue.

I tried to make friends but what it make it so difficult is that I cant be normal like everyone else where they don't try to communicate with me.

I am starting to hate this life of no fun. It makes me fear of missing out as I get older and older. It makes me turn off by women in their late 20s and into 30s who have done all the deed, experiences, skinny dipping and bit of everything while I have zero experience. It makes me feel out of touch and imbalanced.

Im lost.

1 Reply 1

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Matt

It certainly sounds like you have a few frustrations in life. How difficult it must be for you. I find it really interesting you have a very active and social life, you say you're very active in the community environment, business networks, sporting and fitness areas. I attend fitness bootcamp three times a week, running club Saturdays, attend several different Meetup.com events, running my own Landcare group, and even starting up a social enterprise business!

Maybe Matt you're trying to hard to please or be accepted. I have no idea how it must feel for you, having autism. What I do know though, from friends with autism is - you can have a relationship. Perhaps, as a start, do a google search for Fact sheet romantic relationships autism.

There is no need to give up hope, you'll get there. Sometimes it takes time. I didn't meet my hubby until I was 27.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

PamelaR