FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don't know how to ask my parents for help and I am afraid of the answer

Nick123
Community Member
Often when I show emotions to my family I am met with a response of, "I am just a teen" or "you're being a baby". Because of this I am scared to ask them for help because I feel that they will dismiss it as being a "teen". Because of my brothers death everyone has been on edge and in turn everyone have been quite mean and dismissive. My family have also been trying to protect my parents. I feel that if I say I need help as well it will be seen as me trying to get attention and not taken seriously.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Nick123,

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community tonight and are so sorry to hear about your family concerns, and what you’re been going through. We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. We’ve also checked in with you via email to provide you with some additional supports.
Keep checking in to let us know how you’re going, whenever you feel up to it.

Helen72
Community Member

Hi Nick123,

If your family isn't being helpful, perhaps you could call kids helpline 1800 55 1800.

Helen