FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Does she love me anymore

FridayNext
Community Member
Hi everyone,
This is a little weird for me as I've never done this before and it is a tad overwhelming but I feel I've got nowhere else to turn and I just need help....
I'm in a happy and loving marriage and have been for the past 10 years. Well that is until about 1 year ago when things just started to exist. Passing one another in the corridor and making room for the other but the affection and intimacy has gone. It's almost like being roommates. There's no animosity or dislike it's just like my wife and I share a room. I've tried taking about it but I'm usually met with the "tired" reasoning and put off conversations. Now I find cannot talk about it anymore. I'm told that it's just a phase and that there are others with bigger problems and that this should put things into perspective. I just exist and this is starting to eat away at me. I find myself thinking that it must be my fault, that I'm unlovable or even likeable. That I haven't tried enough. I haven't many friends. In fact I could honestly say there is only one. She has been a great support to me but now I'm very conscious that she needs to get on with her life and I don't want to bother her with my problems. I feel I'm becoming a burden to those around me. I'm becoming withdrawn. I'm either angry or sad or frustrated all the time. I've got no more supports and I'm starting to crumble. Colleagues at work are noticing, despite putting on a face of normality everyday. I'm tired. I don't sleep. I just need help. I'm losing hope. I'm just losing and can't see a way out
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hey FridayNext, thank you so much for participating in the forums today. We acknowledge that creating a thread can be a somewhat daunting and uncertain task, so well done for having the strength to do this. 

We're very sorry to hear about your home life. It sounds like there is tension between yourself and your wife and although you care for her very much you're struggling to see those feelings reciprocated. We can hear how much this situation is affecting you but please know that our community is here to support you.

There are also a number of support options to help you through this. We would recommend that you get in touch with an organisation called Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277. They provide relationship support services for individuals, families and communities and aim to support all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships. It might be worth finding out what they can offer you.

Please do feel free to contact the Beyond Blue Support Service anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. One of the friendly counsellors can offer you some support but also provide you with advice and referrals for seeing a counsellor in a more ongoing way if this is something you feel would be beneficial.

If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best support you through this.