FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

dealing with husbands split personalities

parii91
Community Member
i have been in a relationship for 13 years and had a child and got married at a very young age. i love my husband dearly but at times i feel like he takes advantage of my kindness. our marriage feels like it has become a father daughter relationship and can be very controlling at times and i do as im told. weve spoken about it so many times but i just feel like he changes for a bit and then reverts back to old habits. we have so many good times together and we get each like no one else. i couldnt think to ever lose him it would shatter my world. im just so drained from carrying the burden of his split personalities and its having a massive effect on my mental state 😞
1 Reply 1

BballJ
Community Member

Hi parii91,

Firstly, welcome to the forums. Sorry to read what you are going through currently.

I think the main thing to point out is that you do love him and that is important. Dealing with what seems like split personalities is tough. It is good you have raised the issue with him but if he isn't understanding and going back to his old ways then maybe it would be a good idea to speak to a relationship counsellor? Someone who can mediate the issues to try and solve them, this I feel can generally work especially when the love is there as you say it is.

Please, post back as much as you like, I am always happy to talk.

My best for you,

Jay