FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Covid cabin fever

Ace1988
Community Member

Single mum here to an 11 year old boy. Is anyone else copping a lot of trouble from their kids? My son isn’t coping well at all and unfortunately I’m directly in the firing line. The hatred he has towards me is heart breaking, honestly, I don’t know how long I can deal with it for. He said he doesn’t want to be here anymore and wants to live with his dad, which is not the best place for him to be.
mum exhausted, mentally. Every thing is a fight. I understand that our worlds have been flipped upside down.

We’ve gone from me working everyday and him being at school and having extra curricular activities to being housebound (with the occasional walk/bike ride and shopping trip), but holy crap it’s hard.

My anxiety is so heightened at the moment every morning as I don’t know when/if he will lose it. I’m sick of walking on eggshells. I’ve been lenient with rules and whatnot to try and accomodate for the changes but I still have rules in the house. I’m overwhelmed and extremely upset.

1 Reply 1

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Ace,

Sorry to read you are doing it so tough right now, you and your son.

You may find some ideas on how to cope and where to get help if you look at the "Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service" listed at the top of the Beyond Blue page.

I also saw an interesting item on Facebook regarding children and Coronavirus, and how they may react due to fear, uncertainty and confusion around the virus. Maybe you could Google ideas on how to assist children at this time.

I'm sure you are doing all you can and I don't have answers. I don't have children. I just wanted to offer a couple of suggestions as to where you may be able to find help.

Hope other people come up with suggestions and ideas for you.

Regards from Dools