FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Constantly Thinking About My Therapist

BPD76
Community Member
I saw a suicide prevention therapist after a suicide attempt. I am female. He is male. I can't stop thinking about him. I can see why as he was so focused on me and everything was about me. My time with him has ended. But I still think of him everyday. I fantasise about him I want him! And I am married with a family. I don't know what to do. I have Facebook stalked him. I don't want to let him go. Even though our sessions ended in January. Not necessarily looking for answers or suggestions, but I just need to say it.
3 Replies 3

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi BPD76,

It sounds like your therapist really made an impact on your life. I've had similar feelings about my doctor then laugh it off.

I think it's because he's so attentive and really listens and cares. It gives me the feels.

Do you know what you will do? Will you let these feelings pass? You don't have to answer these questions if you don't want to.

In my case I am still seeing the doc but know it's a professional relationship we have and I wouldn't cross that line, unless he wanted to of course lol....but I highly doubt it.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello BPD, and a warm welcome to the forums.

After seeing a therapist and feeling comfortable to open up and tell them exactly how you are going with a positive response by them, makes an instead connection, someone who at last understands what you're saying.

Secrets we don't tell anyone else, we feel as though we have no trouble in disclosing.

It's quite natural to develop feelings for someone who provides care for you but could develop a situation when and if you see them again that what you really need to talk about is not spoken or discussed.

This person has helped you, which is great, but he might have also talked with other people who can't thank him enough.

Take care.

Geoff.

Martyn1945
Community Member
I “fell in love“ with My therapist too. At first I felt so very bad. Here was a woman who was devoting two hours a week just to help me and all I could think of was making love to her. In fact I didn’t even recognise that I was in love with her and she had to raise the issue. When she did I felt so humiliated and weak and unloveable. But it is normal, I think, for us to respond to someone who cares about us with love. I have finished my sessions with her. I still think of her and I do still love her although I know that all the “love” is on my side. It is a real problem and can cause us real anguish but, I think, that love we feel for our therapists can be the beginning of real love that we can feel for ourselves. You are being honest and that is good! Well done!