FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Confused, depressed and anxious.

Cyn2k12
Community Member

Hi everyone,

my Apologies for long post I know I’ve posted in here before with regards to my husbands depression and anxiety so forgive me for rambling.

to start off with I suffer with chronic anxiety and depression which was diagnosed by my GP, same with my husbands depression. 7 years ago we came close to separation due to stress, no support from family me cheating on my husband and feeling isolated as I’m originally from the uk and only have my husband and daughter to talk to. 7 years later which Is now we’ve been through couple’s counseling with 3 different counsellers, 3rd really helped a lot. For the most part we’re doing fine our marriage is a lot better we’re communicating better.

only problem is due to my husbands depression and anxiety he has a problem of still thinking I’m up to no good, it flares up my own anxiety and depression and I personally feel like breaking down. It’s becoming consistent lately, we have a nightmare neighbour stalking us and making a lot of noise irritating both me and my husband. My father in law has our daughter due to what happened in 2014. Which is additional stress, to top it off I have to message my husband every time I go out and let him know where I am. It’s the same with social media. I’m restricted on what I can go on, who I chat with, or if something I don’t recognise like on Instagram or Facebook my husband is automatically assuming I’m up to something or knifing him in the back.

My husband has had bad issues with being treated badly by his own family and thinks I’ll do the same. I’m currently at a loss and I’m barely coping with my own depression and I’m currently on antidepressants and anxiety medication. Sorry for rambling

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hey Cyn2k12, welcome to our friendly online community, we are so glad you decided to join us here. We know it can be hard to write the first post, so thank you for having the courage.

We would strongly urge that you contact 1800RESPECT. They offer 24/7 confidential information, counselling and support for people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse. The lovely supportive counsellors have a lot of experience offering advice and support to anyone who has been through trauma like this. You can contact them on 1800 737 732 or visit  https://www.1800respect.org.au/ 

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

We would recommend that you get in touch with an organisation called Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277. They provide relationship support services for individuals, families and communities and aim to support all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships.