FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can't sleep, Can't Eat and Can barely drink

A_Random_Emily
Community Member

Recently I went through a tough time in friendship side. I also just ate for the first time in two days, I couldn't eat any other days but I tried to eat dinner. Now I feel like throwing up- is this a bad thing? I also haven't been able to sleep in 2 days either, and I can barely drink any water, even though I try so hard.

What should I do?

3 Replies 3

Evie82
Community Member
Hey sorry to hear your not feeling yourself... I think you need to make an appointment tomorrow if you can and see your Doctor and explain how you have been feeling. Take care

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi A Random Emily,

Thank you for your post and I appreciate you reaching out.

I think the reason you might be feeling like throwing up is because your body hasn't been fed in a little while - and now it's a bit overwhelmed. So it is a normal response, but at the same time I feel worried for you because obviously food and sleep is very important!

Do you feel like you're able to try and get back into eating, drinking and sleeping now? Is there someone that can take care of you while you're going through this difficult time?

One option for you is to ring Health Direct on 1800 022 222. They're open 24/7 and you can have a chat to a nurse about what the next step could be.

Hope this helps,

I am going through same thing at the moment. I am drinking small amounts of water all day to keep hydrated but am not so worried about eating. I figured my body will tell me when it’s ready. The other day I downloaded the headspace app. Since then I can usually switch off for 1 - 1.5 hours at a time. I know that isn’t much but better than nothing. I have made an appointment with my dr and psychiatrist so hope to get some help. You need to seek help where ever you feel comfortable. I have very supportive family and friends but can’t handle them worrying and wanting to help at the moment.

Good luck and hang in there