FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can't move on

Josiah_P
Community Member
so my ex broke up with me on valentines day of this year and we still live together until I move out soon. I just can't seem to get over her, I still love her. There are lots of reasons for this one main one being that I moved interstate to be with her and gave up my old life for a new one. She is chatting to someone on social media and i can't keep myself from being jealous (not the right word but the closest I have). I try my best to tell myself that it is over and she is no longer my concern but It doesn't seem to work. It doesn't help that one minute she is talking and treating me well and then the next it is like she doesn't even know me. It is making me feel super down all the time and I just wish that there was a way to forget and not care. Or even just a way to block it all out.
1 Reply 1

Littlebluescent
Community Member

Hi Josiah,

Firstly, I'm sorry you're going through this. Break ups are tough and these feelings you are having are valid, in fact a natural response to a broken heart. I remember when I was in the early stages post break up, I thought and felt exactly the same way you are currently feeling. I know it's easier said than done, but allow yourself some time to grieve the loss of the relationship. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a way to forget and not care and I think living together makes it that much more difficult to move on. I don't think there is a quick fix and healing takes time. It has taken me about a year to heal from my ex gf and there are times when I miss her still, but I'm able to see myself with someone else.

I'm not sure I can offer anymore advice, as I know sometimes it is tough to take advice during times like this. I wish you well with your healing and take it easy.