FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Busy lives

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

Well school goes back monday at least in Queensland so my life will yet again be sent into over drive. Normally i go back to work around mid Feb which will be 3 days a week.

Mondays are crazy volunteering then driving my son around for school, then picking him up from the other side of the city just after 9pm. Alot of crazy city peak hour traffic involved.

Tuesday's is all day again with refugees and reception work at community centre.

I really need to work on my boundaries. One of my neighbours is a dear old soul but a active alcholic. Im in recovery from drug and alchol addiction and even after 17 years prefer people to not drink in my car but every time she needs a ride somewhere i take her and she opens a can in the car. Ive asked her to please not but i dont think she remembers and i worry she gets so drunk she will fall and hert herself if she catches transport or walks.

Knowing how i like spending alone time with my son she now wants to be with me to get him mondays. Its our time. Mother and Son talk time. Hes 14 and needs that with me. Just the same as he goes into the garden and plays criket with his Dad. Thats their thing.

Im ranting atm sorry but seriously its Peeing me off big time.

3 Replies 3

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Beth ☺

17 yrs well done, long hard road I imagine. Kudos

You have every right to set boundaries. Your son definately comes first. This is intrusive on your space & quality son time & quite reasonable what you're saying about the car, I dont know if its right but I heard the driver can get into trouble if passenger's drinking too

Sounds like lifes going to be ramping up a few notches soon

You can rant anytime Beth ☺

Hope it works out for you

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks😍 I totall felt that arm around me saying its all going to be ok

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
🤗you're welcome sweet