FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Boyfriends family trouble

anon_122
Community Member

Hi everyone i am in need of some help.

So my bf has had family issues most of his life. Without getting into the details he has struggled alot with dealing with things and is quick to anger when something reminds him of his mum. He sees a therapist and it made him a little better but it is becoming increasingly longer between visits. All i want to know is how i can help him. I am feeling hopeless right now and not much help. I feel like it is driving a wedge in our relationship.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi anon_122,
We’re sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way and going through such a difficult time with your partner. We’re glad you could share this here, as our lovely community will have kindness, advice and understanding for you.
It sounds like you or your partner could do with talking things through, so please don’t hesitate to give the lovely Beyond Blue counsellors a call on 1300 22 4636 or speak to them on webchat here. You could also speak to  Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277. They also have some great advice on their pages, such as this one on communication in relationships.
Thanks again for sharing here. We’re sure you’ll hear from some other community members soon.
Kind regards,
Sophie M