FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bit of a struggle

Throwing_Away
Community Member

Hello all.

Not sure where to post. Lately I have not been able to see where life is heading

I have a child with autism who is going through therapy and improving.

My wife is ill. Work has been a bit of a struggle. Money is tight.

A couple of years ago my brother was killed and I’m coping ok with that.

A few months ago my father for some reason accused my mother of cheating about 43 years ago but it was baseless and they have moved on(stil together)

and lately I have been trying to find and get in contact with old friends and an old gf. I think I am trying to find them to think of happier times when life was easy and there was no stress.

i can normally cope with everything but I’m just in a bit of a rough patch.

3 Replies 3

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Throwing Away,

Welcome to the forum and the community here. Don't be concerned about where to post, if the moderators think your post would be better off somewhere else, they will let you know. Here is good!

It does sound like you have a lot on your plate right now. Having a wife who is ill and a child with Autism must be very difficult at times in itself, let alone the other issues you have also mentioned.

For me, I try not to lump everything into one basket, other wise my mind runs away with itself and causes all kinds of catastrophes and troubles.

Looking back to earlier days when life seemed a lot easier and had less hassles can be very appealing. I am sure many of us have taken that journey. I'm wondering if you did catch up with those old friends of yours, how they might be today themselves.

Do memories of your brother become more intense around times like Christmas? This time of year people have the image of "Happy families" in their minds so you may well be desiring the old days when life was a lot easier.

Is there something you can do each day to make that day better for you? I try to find things during the day that I am thankful for. It helps me shine a bit of light in the gloomy areas of my life.

Make a list of things you generally enjoy and try to do some of those things if possible. Just writing them down may help you realise how much you do have.

Hope some of this helps! Keep sharing how you are feeling and consider ways you can help yourself, even if they are just small steps.

Cheers from Dools

Hello Dools,

Sorry for the late reply.

not much luck with old friends but they were before Facebook days so it makes it even harder.

my brother died in January so it’s especially hard not to think of him at this time of year, i think it’s just playing a small part but not a major part.

another problem with looking into the past is realizing things I’ve done wrong and how I should of done.

another problem with looking into the past is realizing things I’ve done wrong and how I should of done.

hindsight is always 20/20. u made the right decision at the time with the information you had on hand. where you are today you wouldn't be at the same place if you hadnt made that decision, the right way in the first place 🙂 i have this discussion with myself often and remind myself of this. hope it helps.