FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

BB Single Parents Group

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

One of the things I love about these forums is that as well as dealing with the heavy stuff there is space to chill out and connect with people in in a social forum. After reading threads from other single parents I noticed that many of us feel alone at times, unsupported, we feel we are not doing a good enough job or we are just plain old worn out or frustrated. I thought I would start this thread for all the single parents out there who just want a space to chill out, relax, maybe compare notes, ask for advice and to pretty much know you are not alone.

It's a tough gig, we are all doing the best we can.

CMF

91 Replies 91

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Samvv and welcome

What a beautiful, honest post.

I hear you. I understand. You will be an amazing Mother.

Sending you blessings and hugs.

Cmf x

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Now that the kids are starting back at school I am moving from the problems of home schooling to the promblems of trying to get the kids to school.My daughters anxiety is got severe again now with having to go back to school.The drama of trying to get my daughter to school again.I cant get her into to see her psychologist until July.She has been put on a cancelation list so hopefully she can get in earlier.

Confusedmum74
Community Member

Hi CMF,

This is such a great idea. Being a single parent is tough kids do not come with manuals and when things do t go to plan many feel like it’s their fault. As a single parent of now adults one of which lives in Melbourne ( not good for my stress levels atm nor his ) and one which has just moved back home with me. I’m still single I love my own space but do get lonely at times. But parenting at any age child throws up its challenges. So it’s good to see a group for us parents.

Hi and welcome to the parents group. It certainly is a different challenge being a parent under the current environment. Your always a parent no matter what age your children are and worry about your kids.

Take care,

Mark.

broken568
Community Member
Hi, I’m a single mum to two.. 11yo and 14yo. I really struggle when they’re at their dads for the weekend or on school holidays. I always start out with grand plans to do lots of gardening, catch up with the laundry, clean the car etc. But then I always fall apart and hardly get out of bed. The house feels empty and cold without them here. Does anyone else really struggle with this?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi broken568 I can really relate to your post but struggling doing anything when you don't have the kids. I struggle with that to and have great plans at doing things and find myself in front of the TV. I really do have to push myself to do something. I get nothing done when I do have the kids as they are full on and when they are at school the school usually rings me to pick my son up early. I know how hard it can be at times.

Take care,

Mark.

SisterG
Community Member
Thank you so much for your story. I am in a very similar situation. And recently had one of the same birthday experiences. My daughter ended up also having the best birthday ever!!

This poem is beautiful and sad. I had a wonderful relationship with my dad and tried so hard to foster the same for my daughter with her dad. Unfortunately this didn't work. She now doesn't want anything to do with him as he has consistently hurt her and let her down but he blames me? Nobody benefits out of these situations.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sister G and welcome,

Feel free to share more if you want to, we are here for support.

Tale care

Cmf x

MissMelissaKate
Community Member

Hello everyone,

New to BB forums and I just wanted to say hi 👋🏻

I hope you all know what a magnificent job you are doing as parents to your kids.

They are so important and deserve our dedication to life.

Kind regards

Melissa