FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bad friend

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

A couple of months back a friend of mine told me that his son liked my 16 year old daughter. So we organized a date, they had a nice time. My daughter told me after that she was only interested in the friends son as a friend. So I contacted the friend and told him the truth.

Well the following tie rad was very abusive of my daughter. Plus he didn't even want to be my friend any more. He even told me he was moving out of the neighborhood we all live in. Not to contact him any more. Which was fine with me because I don't want my daughter around an abuser........

Mean time my children and I have all sean him several times around. Then he contacted me all contrite. Oh I'm so sorry I should not have said

be my friend again......... Long story short NO NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME. No one says what was said like that about my daughter and will stay my friend or welcome in my home

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear KB, I would feel exactly the same as you do, because even if you became friends again, then is the same problem going to happen at a later stage, most probably, so you're made the sensible choice. Geoff.