FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety in relationships :(

Goldaboa
Community Member
Hi.. Im 28 and i have a 3 yr old. I broke up with the father because of my mental health.. My anxiety is so bad im constantly thinking the worse. I ruin everything good that happens to me because i really dont believe im good enough. I have a new partner now my best friend from highschool he loves and adores me.. But i just cant stop this feeling that he will always be looking at women more beautiful, more fun and will eventually leave me. I know this is such a stupid thing to think but i wake up every morning with such intense anxiety that i can hardly function. My whole body feels like its restricting, my heart feels like it will explode. And i am on  medication. Will i always be like this. Am i bound to be alone? Ive been diagnosed with 2 degree PTS. I hate this part of me. I feels so alone.
2 Replies 2

Blue_Jane
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Goldaboa

First of all thanks for taking the time to share. Welcome to our forums, I hope you find some of our messages useful.

No I don't think you will always be like this. With mental illness, it is with us forever, but it can be managed well.

Maybe it is a good time to see your GP and talk about how you are feeling? Your GP might be able to refer a good counsellor or psychologist? Have you ever had a Mental Health Plan? I have had two of these so got 20 discounted sessions with a psychologist which helped both me and my relationship.

Have you told your partner about how you are feeling? He sounds like he is a wonderful person who cares about you so much.

What about your diet and exercise? I am currently managing my anxiety with regular exercise, fresh and healthy food (most of the time!), reading, yoga and time out with my family and friends.

When I was in the midst of my last anxiety depths, I was also doing things like acupuncture, meditation and mindfulness. Have you ever tried things like this?

Blue Jane

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Goldaboa, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a hard time and that you don't believe you are good enough. 'Good enough' is a really difficult and unrealistic bar that we set for ourselves, and in my experience it is an unattainable one. The reality is that you are good enough just for being alive and being here and trying. Have you spoken to your partner about how you feel? Maybe he could offer some comfort and help. I completely agree with everything Blue Jane has said, maybe talking this through with a psychologist who could give you some help on managing your anxiety would be great. You're not bound to be alone, I promise. You deserve happiness and good things in life.