FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone

Mickie_dee
Community Member

Pretty much alone. Recently out of an abusive relationship, left my job & moved away. After being free from my relationship I got the courage to stop being treated by shit. I have always felt my whole life like I am not good enough. Not in the in crowd. Had partners but never good enough for them to want to marry me, gave up my self for them. Became a people pleaser only to be walked all over constantly by people. My family have treated me with little respect so I have stopped communication with them for almost an year. The name calling, constant drama, told I shouldn’t do this or do that. Over it. I have peace now but am alone. Have no one. Feel like if I died tommorrow no one would care or notice.  Really have no friends anymore. 

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

It does seem there is a pattern for vulnerable people that we can be targets for those that like to dominate. Consider that possibility. Those vulnerable are usually nice natured, dont rebel often or stand up for themselves etc. The narcissists of the world see us as easy pickings, can call us names and push our buttons. Then the same people wonder why we get rid of them from our lives.

What I'm eluding to is that the world is full of nasty people that want to stand over us. We have to learn to-

• Stand our ground firmly and counter attacks with a sound defence to equal the conflict. Not doing this is a green light for abuse for them
  • Treat family as optional. Blood doesnt mean you are compelled to act a certain way, be obligated and so on. Family can take advantage of us and there is certain actions that is unacceptable. Last year I realised my sister is narcissistic, triangulating me with other relatives, it is not allowed in my life. So bye bye. Hard to do but trust is gone.
  • Join clubs, hobbies, sports, interests. These are the proven ways to meet others.
  • Consider online dating but scan them fully, make sure they are marriage material if thats what you want. 
  • Try not to put yourself down. Society is full of single people that many are selfish and have weird ideas of what a relationship should be. Persist, filter out most of them and keep looking for the right one.

I hope I've helped.

TonyWK