FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone with no more support

AnnaJean24
Community Member

Hi, I’m new here.

A lot has gone on in my life and I’ve come to a point where I don’t know where to go.

Ive suffered from severe anxiety, depression, insomnia and phobias growing up. What seemed to be a one year battle ended up being eight years. As a result, I had to drop out of school, I lost my friends and my ability to function within society. I have managed to recover and get back on my feet but things aren’t the same - which has been a huge struggle for me the last few years. To help put things into perspective it’s like waking up from a coma and having to relearn everything again.

i thought when I got better I’d make new relationships but I was wrong. I try going out and be social but I can never make connections with people. I’m always the odd one out in the group. On top of that work isn’t easy and the companies I apply for keep shutting down. I’m not getting any younger and I feel like I’m not moving.

The last few months have been hard. I got into a car accident, a family member almost died and my partner had been looking at other girls. On top of that my NDIS plan isn’t accessible due to a stuff up so I’m unable to see a psychologist right now.

All I do is cry all the time. I tried reaching out to my mum and my partner but they’re so sick of hearing me cry. They just look at me and walk away. I have no one now.

I don’t know what to do or who to talk to. I feel so worthless to the point my only option now is giving up.

I’m here hoping for some advice or to hear from someone who’s been through something similar.

2 Replies 2

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there

So sorry your post got missed somehow. You've certainly had a lot going on and it must be exhausting. I've had a long road of mental health struggles and find it challenging to "get back into the swing of things" too. I don't advocate for giving up though! You've come here and posted, and found yourself amongst a lot of people with experience similar to yours. Sharing our experiences can make us feel at least less alone.

I'm not familiar with how the NDIS system works, but are you able to see your gp and get referred to a psychologist that way? If you're put onto a mental health plan by your gp, you should be eligible for a number of free sessions with a psychologist. At the very last a good gp will be able to offer you some sort of assistance relevant to you and where you live - maybe other professionals or support groups?

Life can definitely get better. You've made it this far, just go that bit further and things will start moving in the right direction.

Happy to chat more. Katy

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello AnnaJean24, can I also welcome you to the forums and hope that you are still checking your thread because that's important for us to know, as our aim is to help you as Katy has mentioned.

Basically if your partner and mum no longer want to listen to you, then definitely you will feel alone, all by yourself, but you're not and really hope you will get back to us.

Take care.

Geoff.