FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Advice Please! Family ,Future family, life

hollyk
Community Member
I have OCD. as a result I am on medication. I moved in with my future MIL when my partner and I had problems with my family. it was an overnight move so of course I am very grateful we had somewhere to go. Straight away I saught gp and councillor help. Unfortunately the councillor I was referred to became inappropriate in their behaviour. I asked the gp to change councillor. I was put back on the waiting list and referred to the same councillor again by some cruel twist. I am again on the waiting list. it has been 6 moths since the move and I am struggling not having a professional to talk to. I had to give up my job when we moved and to add I don't have a driving licence. I have always been near transport previously. My partner works away all week. Im n the middle of nowhere with my future MIL. stressed. feeling useless, feeling judged. having issues with my weight. we are civil but its not a great relationship since we see each other every day(MIL). Im recently having trouble getting out of bed. My mum has depression . she spent her whole life in bed. it makes me feel even worse knowing I'm doing what she's doing. I feel like I'm becoming a burden to my partner. some days I'm perfectly organised and motivated. those days are becoming further and further away from each other. something needs to change! advice is greatly appreciated.
1 Reply 1

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there

Sorry you're having such a hard time, especially when it sounds like you're doing your best to get help. I wonder if you would consider ringing the BeyondBlue help line (at the top right of the screen) to see what help they can recommend for you? Furthermore, if you're comfortable doing so, maybe another visit to your GP to let them know that your mental state is declining. They may be able to refer you to other relevant help in your area.

What do you think might improve things with your MIL? Is this something you feel able to talk to your partner about? If you have a good relationship I'm sure he doesn't consider you to be a burden. In a good relationship you lean on each other when times get tough.

Kind thoughts, Katy