FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A hard decision

Galactic_Gizmo
Community Member
I live in one place, hubby has agreed to move near my family. I have received a job offer. I will be near my family, which I have wanted for ages. The problem is…I love living here and feel like moving will affect our kids’ options and opportunities growing up (my husband also requires medical help which would be more challenging to get there, but he said he doesn’t mind). I don’t know what to do and I don’t know how much my anxiety is affecting my decision-making skills. The thought of moving upsets me greatly, starting the job fills me with dread. But I feel so guilty about choosing not to go and the position would be a great career opportunity. I am going to disappoint so many people if I don’t go. I don’t know what to do. How do I make the right decision?
1 Reply 1

Evie82
Community Member
Hi sounds like a really tough decision. I am painfully indecisive too so I can understand completely. Sometimes when faced with a choice it helps me to try this- imagine you got a call or email etc letting you know that the new job position is no longer available. Now how would you feel? Relieved or disappointed? If it's relief maybe that's your answer? Trust yourself- it's OK to turn it down. Don't worry about what people will think. It's sounds to me like you already know what you want....
Hope that helps, good luck with your decision.