FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Seems to be a never ending story

Justanotherday
Community Member

Hi,

I don’t know where to turn to, then last night found this…

Anyway my story started from a young girl who witnessed terrible domestic violence, left home ended up with the wrong crowd, which in turn put me on the wrong road. Ended up getting my life together. Had 3 beautiful kids. My mother would constantly stick her nose in my life, from telling me to have an abortion saying that I had too many children. She got into my daughters brain basically saying that I was a bad mother. My partner ended up being a loser. So I decided to leave with my 2 boys to another state. My daughter wanted to stay with mother. Until she finished her hsc.So life was going well, until I met a man who turned my life upside down. He physically & mentally abused me. My mother instead of coming up to help me, brainwashed the children to come and stay with her. I fell pregnant to this nasty man. The police told me that he had done this to so many other women. So I felt trapped in this situation. Long story short I ended up having him locked up for 6 months. I came back to my mothers house. Was working and everything was fine. When the time came for him to be released. I became so terrified. I left my mums home afraid for the safety of my children. I didn’t realise I had PTSD. So badly I was hearing voices. I came back to my mothers home after 6 months. She called the police on me in front of my children for telling her I would do something to her and her phone, as she was following me around the house recording me. She had me committed and I was released with nothing wrong. She threw me out on the street with no where to go. I had nothing and no one. I have got my life together now and told her that I would be getting a place close to the kids school. She told me to f*** off and not come back. She is telling my children nasty things about me. She is not a good guardian and instead of helping us recover from this, she has just caused more emotional drama. To me this is abuse and I consider this worse than the abuse I went through with that man. I don’t see the sense in living anymore. I’m not suicidal, though what’s the point.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi Justanotherday,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us today. We're so sorry to hear that it's been such a difficult road for you. We're concerned about your well-being though, so we've reached out to you privately today as well. Please check your inbox.

You've described a lot of really incredibly painful and difficult events, and we're hoping that you have some professional supports in place (now and in the past). Please let us know what professional supports/care you have in place?

We often recommend reaching out to our friends over at 1800 Respect (1800 737 732, 24/7) &/or the Blue Knot Support Service (1300 657 380, Mon-Sun 9am-5pm) when we hear stories like yours and we hope that you will also get some beautiful peer support on here as well. Both of these services have a webchat option available as well.

Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgmental space to talk things through, and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

If you would like to talk to someone (anytime), we're also here for you 24/7. Our phone number is 1300 22 4636, or we have webchat here if you prefer to text rather than phone.

Kind regards,

Sophie M