FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Real event OCD

bimmadude101
Community Member
Hi Guys,

I have suffered OCD for the last couple years starting from HODC to RODC and now i think i am experiencing what is called Real event OCD. Anyway is took me around a year to get over my HODC and then my ROCD left when i me and my ex broke up. I guess it seems my OCD keeps jumping around and it is very frustrating.

Anyway, i guess i am seeking reassurance which is obviously not what an OCD person should do but i have recently started taking medication and am feeling better so far. My real event OCD for some reason makes me feel guilty over past events with the opposite sex, especially 2 events in particular. My mind convinces me i am a rapist and a bad person and obviously the last thing i want is to be that so it causes me immense anxiety at times. Anyway, the first event dates back to when i was 17 years old around 4 years ago now... I was at a party intoxicated. The second occasion was a couple years later so 2 years from now. I guess these 2 events make me feel like a rapist in a way and convince me that i am not a good person. I know this is my ocd but its so hard to not seek reasurance. Anyway i never really thought about these incidents to much until my ocd started clinging onto them making me feel guilty.

Advice would be appreciated.
2 Replies 2

Purple_People_Eater
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Bimmadude

Background: I'm a middle-aged woman. I never kissed guys I didn't know at parties. And I haven't been sexually assaulted.

In summary I think if the woman kept on kissing you, you are not a rapist. If she ran screaming away from you to her friends, then you'd have something to worry about. But in both cases, she kept kissing you. Because you stopped the behaviour she didn't like.

To avoid being a rapist, just ensure the girl you are with shows "enthusiastic consent" - i.e. she likes what you are doing.

In my honest opinion, you must be a good kisser! And you should probably not drink too much at parties and ask before you grope.

Hope this helps

PPE

Jozze__
Community Member

Thankyou for sharing, i had to look up real event ocd

i think I have this and didn’t realise

i have regular ocd and haven’t seen a professional since COVID because now I’m pretty much always at home due to obsessions