FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

PTSD and depression

Exhaust_issues
Community Member

Hey,

i have been diagnosed with complex ptsd and depression. I tried to take my life last night but I woke up today. I feel like I’m going into a spiral again today and I can’t stop it. I feel ashamed that I’m not getting better and don’t feel comfortable talking to my psychologist. I feel I should be getting better but things are getting worse and the meltdowns I’m having are more and more, I feel I’ve just reached a level where I can’t cope anymore and I don’t know what else to do.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Exhaust issues,

We're so glad you've taken the brave step of reaching out and sharing this with us here today. We know it isn't easy but is so important that you have.

The qualified mental health professionals at our Support Service are reaching out to you by email as we are worried about you.

You've come to a safe and non-judgmental online community where users give and receive support to one another based on their own experiences of mental health. Some will be quite similar to yours. We want you to know we're here to give you as much support, advice, understanding and conversation as you need.

While the peer support offered here is often quick, it's important to remember it is not immediate. For more immediate support, please call our Support Service anytime day or night on 1300 22 4636 or our friends at Lifeline on 13 11 14.

If you are at risk of harming yourself please know this is an emergency and you should call 000 immediately.

Please keep checking in and letting us know how you are getting on whenever you feel up to it.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Exhaust issues

Can I say how proud I am of you that you have reached out here today, when you have felt like there is nothing left and no one to help or that you are not getting better. This is one little step that hopefully can make a huge difference to you, the fact that you have so bravely shared how the past 24 hours have been for you, that you did intend to take your life last night, that takes so much courage to do what you have and reach out in this time, so well done to you. You do matter so very much, more than those thoughts will allow you to believe.

We are here to sit with you and to chat, while we may be on the other side of a computer we do care so much about you, about your life and that you know how much you are wanted here.

Sophie_M has given you some support networks to reach out to if you feel a conversation will help at this time, Lifeline is a wonderful service and have some really awesome people to chat with.

I hear you say that you feel ashamed you are not getting better, these things take time and they take help from a team of people, including a Doctor and a Psychologist or therapist and you as well so that together you can grow stronger...this does take time and I know that is hard to hear when you are feeling so bad and you want this to go away and quickly.

If you wanted to share some more of your story to get it off your chest I am here to listen and to support you as best I can through this time. Just having a big purge and getting it out may help just a fraction, if you want to that is.

We do care about you Exhaust issues and while you feel like you don't know what else to do, you have found your way here and I think that is wonderful.

Hugs to you

Sarah