FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

life transitions!

Flower Earth angel
Community Member

i cant cope with the changes in my life

ptsd/disabitlies/ emotional dysregulation/ sensory ear disorder

depression

i cant let go of my cat to be buried

i live alone and not ready to invite a random ndis worker in my home to help me to decide waht to do

any suggestions

goodnight

88 Replies 88

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Flower Earth Angel

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your cat. I know the pain of losing a beloved pet and it’s awful. I’m so sorry that you have to go through this, particularly at this time of year.

When you are ready, if I was in your shoes, I would plan to deal with the remains as soon as possible.

One option is bury your cat. I’m wondering how you would feel about that? Perhaps in your garden and you could set up a memorial? You don’t have to ask a random ndis worker to help, perhaps a family member, neighbour or friend could assist?

If not, you could speak with your vet about cremation.

I know this is really hard, but I’m here to offer support as much as is helpful to you.

Kind thoughts to you

hi summer rose.

i know my options

i think i need to prcess the grief first thats what would work

i believe i am resposnisble for his early death and i dont know how to process it

well me and the negligence of the supports who were supposed to help me

so i have more time to look after my cat

i dont have anyone close i could bury him and i rent is that allowed i dont want to move and his here

i know there are cemeteries

im so sick of the bad luck in my life since i was 23 im 38 i can never get a break

god bless you summer rose

Hi Flower Earth Angel

Yes, of course, you need to process your feelings. Grief is a process, so please give yourself time and be kind to yourself as you work through it.

Please try not to judge yourself harshly. It sounds like it was a complex situation and I’m sure you did your best to look after your cat.

Life can be really hard sometimes and it’s harder for some than others. I’m sorry that it’s so unfair.

Do you want to talk about your pet? What was your cat’s name?

Kind thoughts to you

chatting to lifeline now

no i dont

my ptsd is bad

in christian love

christine

thankyou

GOsh i dont understand how people process grief

Hi Flower Earth Angel

I have lost many people and animals who I have loved dearly through my almost 60 years on our planet. Each experience has been different—some an unbearable shock, some expected, some a horrible tragedy and others a blessing in disguise. What is common is the pain of grief, which is unfortunately unavoidable.

Sometimes I have found I just need to sit with my grief and cry. Sometimes I have put a limit on how long I will think about my loss each day and then force myself to push on. Sometimes I need to take considerable time to reflect.

Talking about the loss is helpful to me. So is writing. I also find placing photos of those I have lost around my home to be really helpful. Sometimes I talk to the loved one I have lost. I don’t know why but I find it comforting.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve. You will find what works for you over time. Be kind to yourself.

Kind thoughts to you

thanku

i am familiar with grief but in a different form thru narcissitc abuse i lost my self so i have been grieving the effectgs of doemstic violence for years

i already do thigns u mentioned even for my pet but it doesnt work so i will stop

i think i need to move the space has to many memories

and the neighbours here really made my life and my cats life hard and

i am in the BLAME and anger phase........................

Hi Flower Earth Angel

You do you, blame and anger it is then. But please be open to change when it feels right to you.

I’m sorry you had to endure domestic abuse. You are a clearly survivor. I really wish life hadn’t been so hard for you.

I hope you are proud of yourself for getting free. For working to find yourself. For taking back your life. I applaud your courage.

A fresh start sounds like a good idea. Any idea where you’d like to go?

Kind thoughts to you

yes anger and blame

and injustice