FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

(Trigger warning) PTSD after being stabbed

Guest_08B8CB20
Community Member
I feel after i was stabbed nearly 1year ago in the chest heart arterie severed , punctured left lung ,fractured rib rushed to icu injuries were life threatening,i am struggling to deal with life i live in constant fear especially around people i public i have no family support but do have friends but i feel a burden to them all, the flashbacks are out off control especially when sleeping,i dont no what to do i dont have the desire to do much in life anymore i seam to have lost interest in working hobbies even going for a surf i have 4weeks left at were im staying now and the time has come for me to ask for help as i put on a brave face but deep down im feel broken, what do you suggest would be something that could help me with dealing with this nighmare i deal with everynight i go to sleep
227 Replies 227

Hey Jason

Mark's on the money. Both he and I can see the strength buried inside you - anyone who can get something positive like a lucky number out of being stabbed is ok.

We'd both like to hear how Vince is. Waking up feeling like s**t may be at least in part a reaction to the incident and going to hospital with him.

I admire how you are handling what life has handed you - You are a warrior fighting hard - and will win in the end

Croix

Hi Mark

Hope your having some good r&r Vince is at home now with his wife im so happy for him imgoing through tough time at the moment when i wss with him the night i took him there i told him as i was starring through the window you see that building over there it was the top floor off that building that is were i was assaulted it was directly in front off us we were on the 4 th floor off ccu when vince had his scans off his heart they started laughing they could no believe the damage to his heart was the size off your little finget nail

Hi is so lucky for such small amout off damage he goes back in a few weeks and they are going try to put the other stint in the other arterie

Hi told me today hr feels so much better

Take care my friend

Regards jason

Hi Mark still no phone return phone call from dpp or the hostel i was staying in or any counselor 24 visits now to my gp someone is interfering in my attempt to get better i just want to get out off Australia and be happy i mean at piece im so angry how can they treat a human being like this i dont get it im so full of resentment who is doing this what have i done 3 down grades in charges to gbh its not right and no help i hate this place my country

Hi croix

I dont understand why my contry is not helping me i dont want to be here any more my doctor cant understand why no body is following up on his referrals 24 visitin 12 months it not fair im a good person

Jase, just a thought and apologies if you have covered this somewhere in the thread, have you considered contacting Victims of Crime in WA? Here is the website - http://www.victimsofcrime.wa.gov.au.

You might be able to get some compensation and then hopefully get better care.

Hope you are feeling better mate.

Mark.

Hi Mark i have tried every Avenue victoms of crime there is one lady who works 3 hrs per week on a Wednesday she is the most beautiful empathetic lady and advised me to get my doctor to get me into 360 mental heath well my doctor has done two health care plans and cant understand why they are not following up on his referrals as is with the government system because i have no fixed address look were im living in a car park someone is interferring in me getting help 

I have got to get out off here apparently i have a meeting at centerlink onthe 2st my job provider told me but thete is no mention off this appointment when i go to sign in on my gov i have triedi need to get out and never come back here

Sorry to keep going

Regards Jason on

Hi Jason,

Don't worry about going on, you have to talk to someone and we're here for you.

I'm sorry to say a lot of this sounds like the government and you're stuck deal with it all - not good. You get stressed and feel a lot worse. Try thinking about your long-term plans when you can, might help you see all these hassles as temporary.

I suppose if you can get to Centrelink and ask about the appointment, and also ask them why it is not on the MyGov site, that may be a something.

Can you sort out some sort of fixed address, even if it is only a friend's place where you can pickup your mail?

Try to get your doctor to find out more about what happened to his referrals too - can't hurt.

Talking of friends how did Vince go?

Hang in there mate

Croix

Hi Croix Yes Vince is doing well he is back home now with wife great news, dont worry i am dealing with it will never give up then they will have won one im hear for a long battle as far as enemies are concerned they will have to physical kill me and they should no from my history its not that easy i will be victorious and they will pay for there lack off duty off care ,you no the dreams are not as frequent i have no fear what so ever i sleep like a baby in the carpark sound off mother nature good luck to any one who tries to disturb me what will be will be and the fella who nearly took my life wanter hope im not reliving the near death experience when i sleep at night walks out to freedom. Im a tough fella just cant believe its affecting my life the way it is and what has transpired as a result of this cowardly attack

Takecar

Enjoy your Xmas im not going to bother you all for a week i want you all to enjoy your time with your family just remember i will be alright and im gteatfull for your commitment in advising me and sharing you stories with me i really would like one day to meet up so i can tell you my appreciation in person

Thanks

Regards Jason

Hi Jason

I'm please to see you are more on top of things. Your right - you are a tough fella.

It's good that mother nature helps to heal you at night - you need the recharge for the next day.

It's also pretty good news about Vince - he and his family owe you a big debt. There's no telling what would have happened if he had not been in hospital - thanks to you.

Please don't think you need to give us a rest over Christmas, it's a kind thought but if you need to talk - then you talk - no worries

Hang in there mate

Croix

Jase, mate i can guarantee you that even though you are not getting much love from the Government, we are hear to hear you and chat to you. We ain't going anywhere.

Also to back up Croix's comments about, do not think we need a rest. I am currently in Detroit and are logging once per day just to see this and a cple of other threads. It is something that I very much enjoy doing and want to be here for you. You deserve to get some love so again, we are here for you.

Cheers mate.

Mark.