FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Should I just suck this up?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, this isn't easy for me to write bcas I respect police also but this is my situation.

I aparantly unlawfully entered a friends property, that's right a friends property. He wasn't home and I wasn't believed. Anyhow I was put in a mental institution. I preferred the hospital choice over the police station choice thinking I'll be in there for a couple weeks.

3 months later I came out overmedicated feeling like shite...misdiagnosed with a mental illness as a " safety net" seriously!!!!

3 months of my life where I couldn't work, and live my normal life. Inclosed in a small space, going crazy.

Should I just " suck this up". ?

2,270 Replies 2,270

Hi everyone,

Ive been in the hospital all day today, they've been doing tests on my because I was in a car accident.

Drove through a green light at the intersection when a ute ran the read light and smashed right into me.

They needed the firefighters to cut me out of the car.

Worst complaint I have is a sore head otherwise I think I'm fine. What a day.

Oh struth Magic are you ok today lovey 🤗 wow that must have been a terrible shock you poor love.

Sweety I have no doubt the hospital will be looking after you and keeping up observations esp with your head. Just a mention to keep track on yourself too if headaches dizziness or anything out of the usual sweetheart when you're at home.

Probs don't need to mention this but hey this is your concerned Aunty Bunny here ☺ darlin please take it easy for a few days to allow full recovery.

After a nasty shock like that it can be quite unsettling. How are you going mentally lovey? When and if you'd like to says ok hun.

Always your friend and of course Aunty Buns 🐇

Sending love warmth and care 🐒💗

Picked these from our amazing virtual garden for your bedside table ⚘🌿🌼🍀🌴 it's ok that's a miniature palm although you might want to plant it outside when you're feeling better ... it flourishes with love and care from friends that you have an abundance of.

Hope you're ok lovey 🤗👀🤝🕊💗

Hi Db,

Thanks for the loving care. Mentally I'm good. Had loads of tests done at the hospital all day y'day. I can feel a bit of pain on my right side and my hands cut up and my head hurts a bit but yeah I'm good- it was a lucky escape. Now I'm dealing with the insurance company and hoping everything goes well there.

Just had some boysenberry icecream to ease the pain a bit.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Magic...

I have written a couple of replies..and my little finger has hit something and the posts have been either swallowed up or will find their way here...but will repeat what I written in then..just in case..

I am sorry that you were in a car accident...I do hope you are okay...,a sore head from a sudden stop is something NOT to be taken lightly...I second what out beautiful Aunty Deebi has gently suggested/advised...to keep a check on yourself once you are sent home...hopefully not too much seat belt bruising...

Magic...please keep us up to date on both your physical and mental health...no pressure though...just asking out of concern....

Sitting next to you sweet Magic....with my care, love 💖 and kind thoughts..💜🦒🐘🦋🤗..

Grandy..

Ouchy but yum the ice cream.

Yes was thinking about the other side of it all like insurance.

Unlucky but awesome you've come out with ouch but kinda ok though.

Thanks Grandy love 🤗

Our magic Warrior 🤗🐒

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lovely Magic..

So so happy to hear mentally you’re good...l

Hmmm boysenberry ice cream....I think is the best pain relief for all of you...body, soul, heart and mind....I hope you can enjoy some more later on....

You go..our resident Warrior Girl....

Hugs beautiful lady..

Grandy..

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grand,

Your such a loving part of our forum family.

Dont ever change!

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Magic...

Thank you Magic..,.ditto lovely lady...you have been so inspiring to so many people here over the years...and you continue to do so...

Now...I need to ask you....how are you feeling after your accident?....

I do hope your not to sore...sometimes a nice wheat pack, placed in the micro wave to warm up and place on your ouchies....might help..

For the next few days...rest up both body and mind..

Hugs lovely Magic...with my care..

Grandy...

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Grandy and all,

I have a sore collarbone and sternum and other than that I'm good. I do feel like rest is vital and I have been doing so.

I went to the club with mum for lunch and entered a meat raffle draw. Didn't win anything so better luck next time.

I miss my car which this unlicensed driver who ran the red light ruined. I only had the 4 wd for 1 1/2 years. At least my uncle's been generous in letting me drive his car but it's low to the ground which I don't really like but I have to make do. I can't afford a good car with limited money. In a perfect world I'd be working full time and able to get a loan for a new vehicle. But my world ain't perfect.

Hi dear MM

I am sorry you were in a car accident. When I was in major one, I had pain and minor bruising in the collorbone and sternum as well. It was from the force and pressure of the seat belt. Maybe yours is from the seat belt as well.

Has your grandma got a few photo albums with photos of family members, friends she may have had when younger, to flick through in the aged care place? An elderly lady I once looked after loved to show me all her old photos, even ones when she was a girl. Think it helps them still feel connected to loved ones. She liked to talk to me about the people in the photos as well