FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not in a good space

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It's like a feeling just bubbling up to the surface. It's panicky and disgusting and I dont' know what to do with it. There's no thoughts associated with it. It's a feeling. A really gross one. I called the Suicide Call Back service. I didn't find them helpful. What do you do? What helps you?
1,405 Replies 1,405

Hi Paws

You make perfect sense, as usual, thankyou. I’m sorry youve experienced the uncomfortable circle situation also. I usually just stand there awkwardly on the outside!

Today has been a better day. Probably because I haven’t been anywhere. Just busy with thesis stuff.

I do like to wear colour, yes. But all the clothes I bought for prac are drab - apart from the blue cardigan. Maybe I’ll try the op shop after pay day 🙂

How are your new house plants going? Do you have a nice spot for them? I bought a new plant that has sticky tendrils to catch the fungus gnats on my other plant lol. It’s pretty but I’ve forgotten it’s name sorry.

Hugs to you and ear scratches for Woofa x

Hello Katy,

How are you going lass?... Have you managed to get to your prac this week?... More importantly have you been doing something nice for you each day???

I'm going to have to google fungus gnats... I know the gnats that live in the lawn in summer... but I've not heard of fungus ones before... Ummm I've watered my new plants... but I still haven't potted them up... I want to put a few of them in hanging pots so they are safe from Woofa sending them flying... that means I need to get my drill out...

I hope you are having some sunshine

Hugs

Paws

How are you travelling there Katy? I hope uni and the prac are going OK. 🐦🌿🍄🌼🌻

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

Im drinking my morning coffee before I go to yoga. Australia Post seem to be behind on deliveries as I ordered some books online and it’s been a fortnight and nothing. I’d prefer to be reading right now. How are you both?

I see you managed to get out and do some potting, Paws. That’s great. I hope your plants bring you much joy and that Woofa leaves them in peace.

I did manage to get through a Dervla Mactiernan novel which I found ok. Have you read anything good lately, Hanna? I’m guessing your library is closed?

Ive completed just over a hundred hours at prac - one fifth of the way through! I have a progress meeting with my three (!) supervisors in a fortnight and will find out if they’re ok with how I’m going. You’ll be pleased to know I wore purple yesterday for Wear it Purple Day for LGBTQI+ awareness.

I’ve written one tentative sentence on my poor thesis, so that’s what I’ll be doing with my weekend! Wish me luck 🙂

Hugs and pats, Katy

Hey Katy

WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK!
And a HUGE Congratulations on being ONE FIFTH THROUGH your Prac!

That's big little lady lol.

ONLY THREE Supervisors? Wow they don't overdo things do they lol.

Do you have to do the whole FIVE FIFTHS in a row?

Well done for making it through this week and every week.
You're doing so well!

Love EMxxxx

Hello Katy,

Well done lass!!! That is a biggie getting through that many hours...

Is your uni superstitious or what?.. You know...three bears - ok... three wishes - yep... three supervisors - what the???

I love that you wore purple to your prac... yay you!!!

Hope you enjoyed your yoga session (& that it was outside in some sunshine)

Remember to take "you breaks" while you work on your thesis over the weekend.

Hugs for you & pats for the lovely Miss Storm

Paws

Hi Katy

Sure sounds like you're busy! I think people selling on ebay also might have trouble getting stuff posted. I've ordered a music cd and expect it will take longer than usual.

Yep our library is closed so I'm so glad I borrowed a heap of books before in case a lockdown happened.

I've gone off novels except The Unbearable Lightness of Being which is superb.

I'm also reading Shane by Joseph Burgo about dealing with feelings or past experiences of being shamed and 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson which I think absolutely everyone should read and I wish someone had given me all this advice when I was a young thing. It's superb.

Keep on chugging through the uni stuff you ll get there!

🙂🌼💖🐦🦚💐🎸

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hiya

Bit of a yuk day today. I was worried about going out for a staff lunch today (very anxiety provoking for me), and then something threw me off balance at the start of the work day which just made everything feel harder. So I’m hating on myself for being so socially inept. Couldn’t wait to go home, then realised I’d booked a gp appointment. I’m glad my gp is amazing but. She told me to just be however I need to be in that space. Wish it was ok to just be however you need to be everywhere.

I can’t work out if I’m just looking through a negative lens today or if everything is not good. But it doesn’t feel good.

😞

Hello Katy,

I wish I had an answer to your question lass... I wonder if that with worrying about lunch, it made it easier for you to be thrown off balance even more at work... perhaps with that you have had a day where things weren't ok for you... they do happen... I do get the feeling though that if you started off the day worried then that negative voice in your head would probably have turned everything into a negative...

I'm glad you managed a talk with your gp... you are lucky having one you like...

I really hope that without the worry about lunch that tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Hugs

Paws

i am the real fortnite and this is cool