FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not in a good space

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It's like a feeling just bubbling up to the surface. It's panicky and disgusting and I dont' know what to do with it. There's no thoughts associated with it. It's a feeling. A really gross one. I called the Suicide Call Back service. I didn't find them helpful. What do you do? What helps you?
1,405 Replies 1,405

Katy, I'm so sorry that you're struggling and you feel this way. Please believe me though that none of how you're feeling is true, and Hanna is right.

You aren't pathetic, you aren't inadequate, and you're stronger mentally and physically than you think. It's just a bad day, it will go away. I understand how hard it is though.

Take some time to yourself if you need, as Hanna said we're here for you and we love you.

You've been so supportive to so many people, me included, on the forums, and you have the Valued Contributor Badge, that in itself says how much support you have given so many on here, and it shows how much you love and care for people.

We love and care about you Katy and we're always here, please take care of yourself and be safe, even if you need alone time, whatever it is that you need and think may help. We'll still be here. No need to feel ashamed for how you're feeling, it's perfectly normal and it's OK not to be OK.

Just remember, that's just your mind telling you the wrong things, don't listen to the negative intrusive thoughts, because they're not true at all. You're beautiful inside and out, strong, caring, funny, the list goes on for good things to say about you.

I hope you feel better Katy. Love and hugs, please take care and be safe.

Tayla

Katy girl - Pathetic is just not a word that describes you, it just doesn't suit you at all. Gentle, kind, caring, insightful and resilient are much better fits. You have been the source of comfort for so many on here and you deserve to get some of that come back in your direction, so purge it out when you feel up to it.

These types of days are just the pits for sure, but you know from experience with it,that it passes and I hope it passes soon. I will be thinking of you today.

CS xoxoxo

I agree with both calmseeker and Hanna, Katy.

Please feel better soon, speak to people like Lifeline if you need to, whatever you feel up to doing. Take time to yourself if need be.

We're still here.

Tayla x

Katy lass,

No words, just the gentlest of hugs as long as you need.

Know I'm sitting with you in spirit lass.

Paws

Hi Katy, just checking in. Just to let you know people are thinking of you. Come back when you feel ready. hugs.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
God, I wish you were all here. I can't stand being alone with myself in this frame of mind. I'm just trying to breathe. It's so disgusting. I just want it to go away.

We are here, Katy. I know you mean in person but you still have our love, care and support, always.

I understand how you feel, I'm really sorry that you're struggling. I'm here if you need me and if there's anything i can do, I'll do my best.

How about you try to think of things you're thankful for? Do some self care if you like (take a bath, eat comfort food, whatever you feel like). Up to you. It's nice to hear from you again.

Breathe in and breathe out, we're here for you. Your frame of mind and feelings will pass but they're valid, it's OK to feel the way you do, don't feel bad and ashamed about it. We love and care about you.

Take care and be safe, Katy. We're worried about you. I hope I can support you and that you don't mind me being here.

Tayla

Hello Dear Katy..🤗..

Its hard sweetyheart to be on our own in r/l when we’re feeling so much into the dark tunnel...

I live alone and find when I’m down, it’s so hard not to have someone to talk to in person or to feel someone giving us a hug and saying things will be okay..you will be okay...I wish I could be with you giving those things to you..The only way I can is through spirit connection..closing your eyes and feel the love, warmth and care radiating through your beautiful friends that are here for you...

I do my best to distract my negative thoughts, when they are so chatty and won’t leave me alone...I put on a song I know and sing along with it..(my dogs run away when I sing..I’m that bad😁)...Sleep stories are another way to distract your thoughts..Listening to a calming story read by a calming voice is so helpful at times...A mindful walk is another way to help redirect your thoughts...Downloading a breathing app is also helpful..as you deep breathe and listen your breathing....Do you have anything at all that you can do that you enjoy doing...that takes your full concerntration. ..even if it’s for 5 minutes..to give your mind a rest....I like watching the little flame dancing around on a scented candle...

Katy...Please try hard to be gentle on you, be kind to you..do something special for you each day..your such a beautiful person..kind and caring to others here...please give yourself the same kindness and care you give to others here in this amazing community..

Kind thoughts..lovely Katy..warm caring hugs..sent with my love..🤗💜💜..

Grandy...

Wish we could be there and then you'd have a crowd of nice people and you wouldn't feel alone anymore - but we are all here and sending all sorts of good wishes and hugs and Sam sends furry ones...

These times you go through are horrible but they do pass... hang on and just get through them... tonight I went out and had an ice cream with Sam at the ice cream parlour here - I would have liked company but I gave myself a treat anyway... so treat yourself, pamper yourself a little, be kind to yourself. This will pass, this will pass.

You have lots of people here who care. Anyway I miss you being bright and talking about your Uni and books and your yoga and Storm - you brighten up my days! So hurry up and feel better you are missed you see! I'm being selfish - I like hearing from you! OK? hugs ooo

Hello Katy,

Lass I'm sitting here with you, while we listen to the sounds of nature around us we can notice our breaths as we... breathe in... one... two... hold... breathe out... one... two... pause... breathe in... one... two... hold... breathe out... one... two... pause.... nice & slow.... feeling our breath moving in & out.... that's it.... focus on your breath.... in... one.... two... hold... out... one... two... pause...our furs are curled up next to us & they are also breathing in... one... two... hold... out... one... two... pause.... watch how Storm's sides move in time with each breath... (hopefully not each snore).....

Be gentle with yourself

Paws