FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

DEPRESSION: Fight it or embrace it?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Right now I feel like I don't have the energy to do either. Just existing is difficult enough. I've been trying to "float" this one out but the Black Dog is right there trying to drag me under.

My Psychologist tells me to embrace the depression, to accept it, to make the most of those rotten days when you feel like you can't do a thing. To just live with it and the sting of the depression will ease away. If I don't feed it, it will give up.

I must be doing something wrong as all that seems to do is escalate how horrid I feel, I break down in tears and feel like "what is the point" this monster is winning.

Depression. BPD. Stress. Suicidal thoughts. Maybe I do need to find ways to embrace these issues before they totally destroy me. But how?

Maybe I could try poetry, I've already painted a couple of pictures showing what is going on in my head, maybe more paintings or drawings might help get the muck out.

I'm just so tired and exhausted. Mental health issues suck!

Fighting it is exhausting. Trying to embrace it is soul destroying.

ACCEPTANCE! Where the hell is ACCEPTANCE! Think it ran away with HOPE!

Wishing you all a sense of acceptance and hope!

Cheers from a battered feeling Dools

776 Replies 776

Hi Mrs D

Sorry to hear your struggling so much right now, i wish i had the magic words to make things better for you but know you have my support as well as the other lovely members here too.

Hoping today is better than the last and your able to find moments of peace and joy within each day.

Sending a bunch of flowers of your favourite kind and hugs xoxo

Hey Dools and other good people here

You're deserving of happiness Dools the light you shed to others I want you to feel too

So glad you got out into the garden I know it gives you peace and accomplishment well done.

And your books too good on you. I still havent been to the library to get one. Must

Glad you're feeling a touch lighter

Sending you a lovely warming healing soul hug 🤗 dear good lady

Good wishes always for you and to the lovely people here ☺

Oh and Doolsy you asked for reminders with your back exercises

🤗

Dearest Dools,

I'm a bit late to your thread because I've been off the forums for a week or so.

i just wanted to say how much your presence is appreciated, even though you're struggling with your own battles you're always such an amazing inspiration to us all.

You make us laugh with all sorts of awesome imagery, you have fanstastic and practical suggestions for self-care and are just a generally awesome person.

It's ok for you to feel the way you do. I know i often have that question, fight it or embrace it? And i think some days maybe we need to fight it, and some days we need to embrace it.

Whether you are on an embracing day or a fighting day, you have us in your corner who think very highly of you and respect your beautiful way of being.

Love❤

🌻 birdy

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hiya Dools

There are a number of things in your post that I'd like to say something about -

The chook hiding in the daisy bush is amazing. I can really visualise it. Chooks are gorgeous, make beautiful pets.

Your crocheted blanket sounds awesome. Enjoy sewing it together. I made one years ago when I was laid up in bed following an operation. Had it for years, until some of the wool started unravelling. Didn't do a very good job. But enjoyed it for some years. Enjoy your blanket!

Your story about putting rocks in the tent, totally resonated with me. Earlier today my hubby and I were discussing what we'd do if we didn't have tent pegs. LOL - rocks in the corners of the tent 🙂

Merry-go-round of emotions is the pits. No other word for it. My heart and hand go out to you to help you on your way - to help settle your ups and downs.

Going to bed soon. Might post some more before I do though.

Kind regards

PamelaR

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dools

Just about logging out. Have tried to find White Knight and Croix's threads to invite them to cocktails and star gazing next Friday night. But having difficulties locating their threads. If you perchance come across them, can you let them know it's party time on Friday night? And of course anyone else you think I've missed.

Hope Sunday's been a better day for you. Sending you all my virtual hugs and love.

PamelaR

I have not got much to say Mrs D, but wanted you to know I am thinking of you at the moment. I care about you...

Hugs

Shell xx

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the messages. I've had a few days that have not been all that wonderful, so have not been on the forum much at all.

Today is a new day. We have had a couple of friends join us for lunch and then they had to dash off as a family member is not well. Made me think I need to count my blessings a bit more!

While I was out walking this morning I saw a rabbit which hopped off in a real hurry. They do make me smile when I see them race away, their little back ends bouncing up and down.

As it has been a little cooler here today, I have the curtains open and the blinds up, so it is wonderful to see the world outside once again.

It is lovely to see the birds in the bird bath out the kitchen window now the blind is up. Just hope the heat stays away! I'd love some rain, but not as much s they have had in Queensland! I do feel so sorry for the people affected by the floods.

Once again it makes me count my blessings!

Cheers to you all and thanks so much for your messages Karen, SN, DB, Birdy, Shell, PamelaR and anyone else I might have missed.

You're sounding brighter Doolsy. Glad. Its a welcome reprieve isnt it. Hope you continue gaining strength

Get so much pleasure reading your posts

Hi/bye everyone ☺

hey Mrs D its good to hear your a little better. just a friendly reminder that its ok not to be ok sometimes too xoxo