FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety symptom makes me gag

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi its ny first time posting. Ive been suffering anxiety now for over 3 months and it came out of the blue. ...wasnt sure what was happening to me. Been to doctors and dicussed all sorts of treatments. Lots of ups and downs. One sympton lve been having over the last month is gagging every morning abd there is no medical reason for it. ...has anyone else experienced this ...its really imoacted my life terribly
111 Replies 111

Hi Kim, I hope you are well.

My anxiety comes with symptoms of difficulty swallowing food because of tightness in throat, nausea, gagging and spaced out.

I was wondering if you had any advice to the gagging specifically?

I replied to Jills post explaining my situation but also came across your posts about gagging.

Hi Jill can totally relate to your issue. I have the same problem recently went and got Hypnotherapy as I had tried everything else to get rid of the dry reaching. I suffer from PTSD from a bad truck accident still suffer from dry reaching have periods where I can go months without any attacks then “bang” it’s back. Am about to Google plum stone throat to find out what it’s about how did you go with it ? Thanks Trev