FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety symptom makes me gag

Jill_G
Community Member
Hi its ny first time posting. Ive been suffering anxiety now for over 3 months and it came out of the blue. ...wasnt sure what was happening to me. Been to doctors and dicussed all sorts of treatments. Lots of ups and downs. One sympton lve been having over the last month is gagging every morning abd there is no medical reason for it. ...has anyone else experienced this ...its really imoacted my life terribly
111 Replies 111

Jill_G
Community Member

Hi there

Im still having morning anxiety and nausea and such a struggle until l get going a few hrs later. Ive had this for months some days better than others and lve forgotten what it feels like to feel good anymore.

Jill_G
Community Member
Sometimes l wonder if it will ever get better.

Hi Jill

It’s hard isn’t it. When I’m going through a period of increased anxiety I always wake up with it.

I’m wondering if taking some kind of antacid at bedtime would help alleviate the nausea. I’m not a medical professional - you’d need to check with your dr re any other meds you take and interaction but it’s just a thought. I had several months of morning nausea and all day diarrhea:( and it was one thing suggested by a dr. (Not an instant fix)

Hi Annie

Im on no meds had all the tests and all clear. I tried anti acids didnt help to much though. Its a very awful feeling ...thank you for your advice and yes your right increased anxiety does make it worse. Im hoping it will eventually get better.

Mine did and like you I thought it never would. Can’t remember how long it lasted but hoping it will pass for you soon.

Thank you Annie lm so hoping to....l guess l feel this way as its been so long. ..again thank you its nice to know lm not alone.

Jill_G
Community Member
Also Annie l never knew that anxiety could cause such a physical sympton along with weird taste and smells.

I found it hard to believe for a while but anxiety can cause so many physical feelings and symptoms so once we’re assured it’s that we have to believe it. Be so much easier if the drs could just get rid of some of the physical symptoms for us ha ha!! grrrr

Jill_G
Community Member
Absolutely that would be wonderful!

Jill_G
Community Member
Annie did your physical symptoms go away that you started feeling your old self in the mornings