FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

Welcome to the Grief and Loss section

Sophie_M
Everyone’s experience of grief or loss is unique. You might experience all kinds of difficult or overwhelming emotions, and you might sometimes wonder if the sadness will ever end. This is a normal reaction to loss.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve, but it can help to allow yourself to: share your grief, and let others support you.

This forum category is for all discussions relating to how grief and loss has affected you, providing a space for you to express your feelings, discuss difficult moments and anniversaries, and honour the memories of your lost loved ones.

Please be aware that threads in this forum may contain discussions of self-harm and suicide.
27 Replies 27

Hi Koori Col

My heart bleeds for you as I too just lost my 21 year old daughter. The baby of the family and the youngest of five siblings our world is shattered. She was taken from us on the 21st of Feb this year and the shock and despair is unbearable. This pain is indescribable - my world is now a haze.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Niamhs mum I am sorry for your lost.That would be earth shattering for you. Just give yourself time to grieve and remember what a beautiful daughter you had.Their is no time limit on grieving and you will always have that feeling of something missing from your life.
Take care,
Mark.

Niamh’s. Mum,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter.

I have no idea of what you are experiencing and . as a mum my heart breaks for you.

There is no right way to grieve do what you want to.
As the grief is so new the pain will be indescribable.

If writing here helps , feel free to post as often as you like.

There are days that seem like an eternity and then there are days I have completely lost and cannot remember. Everything is a fog. How can such a healthy young woman in the prime of her life be taken so suddenly with zero warning? I cannot remember anything about the three or four days after except I needed her home. I needed to see her face again and kiss her nose. Everything else is a blur.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Niamh's mum their is no rhyme or reason for these loses we have on our lives.They just completely shatter us.Time just stands still.We need time to grieve and somehow keeping living ourselves.Someone once said to me when I had a lost and and asked how do I keep going and she said you put one foot in front of the other and it is hard at first and only small steps and you slowly get bigger and more steps and it doesn't matter how long it takes you will get there in the end.It will be painfully taking those steps and sometimes you will take steps back.You will never forget your daughter and the senseless way she was taken from you.
Take care,
Mark .

My ex neighbour lost his adult son in a motorcar accident. His son used to grow roses and had many in pots.

My neighbour planted them in honour of his son and named the garden after him.

Just an idea for you caring members

TonyWK

Hello all,

I'm sorry for all the losses just remember you have Eachother here to support and talk to.

I'm new and just went through this process two weeks ago to then find out someone else passed away this week. Day by day goes on but it's so hard at the same time.

I don't know to get past this as I'm so broken as I'm grieving with my best friend. We support each other and have been best friends for very long time.

Thank you for reading this

Friendsfans,

Thank for your kind words. I am sorry for your loss but I am pleased you have a supportive friend.
Your grief is raw as it is recent.
If you want to , you can start your own thread to get more support.