FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Struggle

Amandam
Community Member

Hi I don’t know if this right place to post this or asks for assistance but here goes, I lost my father 20 months ago to suicide and then my mother 4 1/2 months ago to suicide also. I decided after my fathers passing to study through tafe nsw but after my mothers passing I can’t seem to function or seek right resources 

I’m looking for individuals feedback or opinions on the following question 

1. How is mental health marginalised in your community in the following areas of work and life:
  • Political
1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Dear Amandam,

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for posting here tonight. We're saddened to hear what you have been through so recently, losing both parents to suicide, which is incredibly tragic and traumatic. We can only imagine how hard this is for you, and understand why you may be struggling to function and why knowing where to turn might be so difficult for you at this time.

We know this beautiful supportive community will come and wrap themselves around you in time, but we wanted to extend our compassion and offer you support in the meantime.

Please don't hesitate to call us on 1300 22 4636, to chat with one of our trained counsellors (24/7), or perhaps you might also consider contacting our friends at Griefline (you can call them on 1300 845 745 6am-12am AEDT daily).

We also have some resources that you might find helpful here. And you might even find some other helpful threads and conversations on the forum to join in on, and/or just read in your own time. You are not alone, and unfortunately there are others here who have been through this as well - hopefully you will all be able to find and support each other.

Please take care of yourself, Amandam. We're here for you.

Kindly, 

Sophie M