FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My Dad just died!

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I'm here home alone and my sister called to say Dad had collapsed in the city and the ambulance people were assisting him.

I phoned some friends and asked if they could come and be with me, they were busy.

My husband is on his way home, it will take him a couple of hours.

The police called into my sister's home and told her Dad has died.

I phoned my Minister and he said "That will happen. People die." I told him I had to go.

I don't know why I am sharing this here. I don't know what else to do right now.

I don't even know if this post is suitable for the forums.

26 Replies 26

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Oh Dools

I am so unbelievably sorry that you have had to have this news, it is heartbreaking to lose a person we love and I am sorry you are alone too. You are very strong to find your way here when you do know that we are just a keyboard away at anytime to be with you and to sit with you, at least until your husband gets home.

I am sending you all the strength and support I have right now and to extend all my heartfelt care for you.

I am so sorry the Minister was so matter of fact to you when you needed some support, that is hard to hear. Yes, people die but a bit of warmth and comfort would have been nice too.

Hugs to you Dools xxx

Sarah xx

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mrs dools

I am so so sorry.

You are probably in shock now. I hope you can find someone to be with you.

Sending warm hugs and kind thoughts.

Hi Sarah and Quirky,

My sister and I are travelling together tomorrow to stay at Mum and Dad's home with other family. It is a 4 hour journey, at least we will be together.

Thank you for your kind words, I greatly appreciate them.

Due to the suddenness of Dad's death, a funeral will be weeks away. Not sure what will happen with Covid business! Guess we will find out.

Not sure I will be taking my lap top with me, so thanks for the messages.

Cheers from Dools

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Mrs Dools..

I am so deeply very sorry..

We are so pleased you did share it in here...You are family Mrs Dools..

My deepest condolences..My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

sending some warm comfy hugs precious lady..

Please talk here if you need to..we are all here for you with our love and care..

Grandy...

Oh Mrs D, I am ever so sorry. Gentle hug

I am so sorry Dools..I have no words....only hugs..Paul

Dear Dools

Im sorry for this sad news.

please ignore the flippant comments from friends and your minister. They don’t realise the gravity of your situation,

TAKE CARE

TonyWK

Elizabeth CP
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I'm not sure what to say other to say I agree with the other posters. I'm glad you will have time with your mum & sister. While it true we all die & as a Christian we believe the person who has died will be in a better place now but that doesn't stop us from missing the person & feeling grief & loss. Those are normal human feelings. Look after yourself. I hope you get a chance to share some happy memories with your family to help you cope with this difficult time. When I lost my dad I really needed time with my brother to share our memories. Unfortunately my sister was OS in hospital so not available.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I'm so sorry Dools, my heart goes out to you, and I wish you nothing but comfort and strength in this time of sorrow.

Take care.

Geoff.