FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My boyfriend committed suicide 3 weeks ago

Tatiana1
Community Member
My boyfriend committed suicide 3 weeks ago. The pain, loss, guilt, loneliness, isolation from this grief is unbearable. Let alone having to come to terms that I'm all alone again. 45 single no kids and broken. He has left a big hole in my life and atm I don't even want to wake up in the morning and process that he's gone all over. I'm broken over the fact that i didn't get to say the things I should have. I didn't get to tell him that i loved him recently because I was frustrated and dragged down by his depression. Yes I am getting grief counseling and I feel that every body else closely affected has a partner or family to spend their nights with. He was my companion and now I'm all alone.
4 Replies 4

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi. I am sorry to read of the loss of your partner. The other users on this forum will support you as we can in this space. This is a safe space where you can chat and receive additional support as you might need. I am listening to your story. Can I sit beside you as you go through this process of grieving?

I know you mentioned you were getting help, and beyond blue also has good resources ...

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/suicide-prevention/understanding-suicide-and-grief/after-you-lose-someone-to-suicide

Also, please make sure you look after yourself. If things become difficult you can also contact the Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467 for telephone support.

Stay safe,

Tim

baet123
Community Member

Hi Tatiana,

Welcome to the forums and we are so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain and hurt you are feeling at the moment and I am sorry that the emotions are so strong that you feel that you can't handle take the pain anymore. If you are in immediate danger please call 000. Please consider calling Lifeline on 13 11 44. They would love to hear from you. Try and not be to hard on yourself. We are here for you. You are not alone.

Do you have any support networks in place?

I would consider going to your GP and getting a mental health plan to see a psychologist to talk/deal with your emotions and they will provide you with some methods/techniques to cope better.

I hope to hear from you again shortly and we are always here for you.

Your friend,

Nick.

Hi Tatiana, I'm Maddy. I'm so deeply sorry for you loss. Losing someone to suicide is something that is uniquely terrible and my thoughts are with you at this time. I lost my Mum to suicide 2 years ago and its something that i'm really struggling with. Don't let anyone's opinion of grief constrict you, its not a step by step guide and its different for everyone. Ive only just started to deal with it at all and it can be very lonely and isolating if no one understands. I am here to talk and listen!

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Tatiana, my heart goes out to you, I'm sincerely so sorry for you to have to endure all of this.

When we love someone, we always carry that devotion, that affection where ever we go, it's a true infatuation that is within us forever.

We know you are hurt beyond what we could ever imagine, but please know that we're here for you any time you need us and I mean this with all honesty.

Best wishes.

Geoff.